Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Brian P

• AWeb80

• MonteCarloDude

Heres another update with more pics...

Stock springs, retainers and locks.

Picture-05104.jpg

Heads with LS6 springs, comp cams retainers, locks, and LS6 spring seats installed :twisted:

Picture-05103.jpg

Picture-05102.jpg

Picture-05096.jpg

Picture-05097.jpg

Picture-05098.jpg

Spring almost compressed! Thats the valve fully open!

Picture-05099.jpg

As compared to when the valve is fully closed!

Picture-05100.jpg

Good work Jay!

That looks really good!!! It's too bad you couldn't tune that thing or you could really do a huge build....but either way, this thing will run like hell once it's done!! good luck man! I know the anticipation of building the motor and waiting to drop it in!!

Good luck the rest of the way!

I think its really a good thing that I cant tune it. Heres my reasons why... I would be spending a crazy amount of money on it with new heads, huge cam, better intakes etc etc, tuning it and swapping harnesses and waiting months for a DHP tuner is just much farther than Id like to get into. Also, Im really only building this motor to give this car some more balls cause as we all know the 3100 in very underpowered in these cars. Deff not trying to set any kind of records here, just trying to make the car nicer to drive.

But ya I cant wait to drop this thing in and see how she runs! Of course I might have to figure a few things out, but it comes with the job!

SOOO much hate in this thread!!! i couldnt even read past page two! Im trying to get my brother to take the garbage quad four (IMO) out of his god damn (Grand Am) and put that motor in there! Id definately like to see how this build works out so i have some persuasion for him!

• 4 weeks later...

haha well I still havent gotten my powdercoating back yet... Im aiming to get it back before Thanksgiving. If I dont Ill be pissed!

But I got all the manifolds on, the exhaust x-over on and all the heatshields painted and such.

I havent forgot about the motor! :lol: but I guess others ( *cough*powdercoating*cough* ) have

I dont want that much work. I wanted a swap with minimal wiring differences and didnt wanna buy an L67, tranny, halfshafts, DHPtuner etc etc etc. That and with this motor Ill be spending MUCH less and will get decent power out of it. All Im looking for is something a little nicer to drive cause we all know the 3100 is underpowered in these cars and this will make it much better to drive with that much more power. Not going for any land speed records or power records or anything... I dont have the money for it and I dont wanna turn this car into a project car like that. We've already got a project car at home here, and honestly thats where my money is going to be going very soon.. not my car. Once I get this engine done Im done with my car.

I was really just trying to push your buttons, damn I guess it didn't get to you.

Just because it pisses you off every time someone does it to you doesn't mean it works like that for everyone else.

I can't wait to see how this works out for you man.

I was really just trying to push your buttons, damn I guess it didn't get to you.

Just because it pisses you off every time someone does it to you doesn't mean it works like that for everyone else.

I can't wait to see how this works out for you man.

He's gotten shit in one thread.

I get it all the time, so STFU.

I didnt mean for it to sound like that :( Im sorry.

My post was more towards Johns.

I was just trying to get a reaction out of you, so I could be like JKLOL!!!!!.

Anyways, whats the other project car you got ?

ohh My bad :lol:

The project car is my dads '67 GTO ( posted the car here before ). Theres alot of work that still needs to be done do it. Him and I work on it every summer. This summer we're hoping to get alot done to it.

The project car is my dads '67 GTO ( posted the car here before ). Theres alot of work that still needs to be done do it. Him and I work on it every summer. This summer we're hoping to get alot done to it.

Ohh ok, I figured that.

Can I ask why you're putting money into his car?

Ohh ok, I figured that.

Can I ask why you're putting money into his car?

Cause one day it will be mine. I cant afford to buy a new 5spd tranny for it, so I get small things that it needs. And help with installation of parts.

I duno. I guess its different when its a father/son project. But its not like Im dumping assloads of money into it. If he needs something small for it, Ill get it from work. Not very much at all, but I know theres certain things that he needs for his car and I need for mine as well so Ill buy those and well both use em for the cars.

I duno. I guess its different when its a father/son project. But its not like Im dumping assloads of money into it. If he needs something small for it, Ill get it from work. Not very much at all, but I know theres certain things that he needs for his car and I need for mine as well so Ill buy those and well both use em for the cars.

Ohh ok.

I understand the father/son thing, but still IMO if its something I'm going to inherit I want it to be a gift.