• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Brian P

• AWeb80

• MonteCarloDude

My chain stretched too on my 3.1 but I don't believe it was because of the UDP. I believe its from the heavy valve springs. UDP's do kinda suck at low daily driving rpms because of the power steering.

Aren't our engines internally balanced anyway? It shouldn't matter then.

Aren't our engines internally balanced anyway? It shouldn't matter then.

wrong. I dont wanna be an ass but please people learn about these things. It doesnt matter if your engine is interally or externally balanced. You still need something to control vibrations. On an internally balanced engine, a DAMPER will cancel out the vibrations from the cylinders firing. It will en effect, dampen all the vibrations from a running engine. If your motor is externally balanced, you have a hermonic balancer, which is a part of the balancing process where your rotating assembly along with the blanacer create the externally balanced engine.

This was a VERY SHORT version of the two. if you want to learn more Id advise to you research.

So...this is all fine and dandy, but why has my Z34 gone over 100,000 kms with one on and no problems?

It has a timing chain.........

Serious, not trying to be an ass. I'm just trying to understand your POV.

• 1 month later...

Bringing back this thread from the dead!

Motor goes in the car on Monday!

And according to Ben at 60*v6 with the mods I have to the motor, hp is up from 176 stock to 205hp. No numbers on tq though.

Although soon as its broken in and running right, itll be on a dyno.

I started tearing into the motor here, getting it ready to swap.

Heres a couple pictures for ya.

Stock 3100 with air box and hose taken out:

DSC00927.jpg

Battery disconnected... just to make sure no sparks... cause that would be bad!

DSC00929.jpg

Two pictures of me labelling wires so I can remember where they go

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

Getting ready to take the fuel rail off

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

Almost ready to be pulled!

DSC00937.jpg

Bah, labeling wires is overrated!

Werd. Any serious W-body freak should have them memorized by now, lol.

Why did you take the fuel rail out? Aren't you yanking the assembly as one whole piece?

First you guys complain I dont use a camera, now you complain the camera pictures suck! I cant win! :lol:

yeah we kept the hood one. I just took the struts off and held it up long enough to get the engine out, then put the struts back on. Much easier than taking it off! TIP: look for easy ways to do things! :lol:

Bah, labeling wires is overrated!

I've learned once the harness is thrown back on you can just tell where they all go with no labels. Iits actaully really simple.

you're doing it with the hood on?? cripes. and you still suck with the whole camera thing :lol: :wink:

I've also learned its way smarter to leave it on. Unbolt the struts and you can lift as high as you need. Saves you one more PITA step.

Can't wait to see this done. Please clean the engine bay while its empty even if its already clean. :mrgreen:

The fuel rail is the same, the injectors are totally different. I have Multec 1 those are Multec 2. Mine flow at 19# and those are 21# It would just run wayy to rich.