Christine back in her day !! Bump 08/28/09 !!

boulevard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boulevard

• Psych0matt

• Hairdo12

• 19Cutlass94

That is awsome! I can't wait for the daytime pictures! Yeah you definatly have to let us know what the bill came out to be. That is probably 5-6 grand worth of work and parts if I took a guess.

Andre,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I gonna take pictures and work on my car a bit over the weekend. The interior needs to be worked on and then I have to replace a ball joint and then drop the car and then take it for an alignment. Tell the guys about what happeaned after we left the shop and went to autozone. Im sure Im goona catch alot of hell for this.

No. I ended up having to buy a bottle of power steering fuild, brake fuild and trans fuild. I filled the power steering with brake fuild after he kept telling me not to screw it up. It was funny, guess you just had to be there.

nice glad to see it finished so Quickly!

For names for my cars i usually pick something oddball, not even a real name,

for instance my 92 euro coupe was called "red ryder reborn in da hood" because the car was red, and was not running when i bought while living in North mpls

my 1980 silverado was called Bad Ass Silver because of the motor i dropped in it

my friends ford f150 is named "The bitch that hates me." Because it is always breaking.

I haven't picked a name for my bronzemist gp yet

you could call yours something like "Back in Black" -i know that one gets used alot

or Maui Black,

resurrected by maui,

nitelife,

ya no something unique

No. I ended up having to buy a bottle of power steering fuild, brake fuild and trans fuild. I filled the power steering with brake fuild after he kept telling me not to screw it up. It was funny, guess you just had to be there.

Hope you drained it out immediately.

Arent the brake fluid/power steering fluids pretty similiar in qualities?? ive heard that it really wont hurt anything mixing them up besides color. That you can use one or the other in a pinch. Im probably wrong but thats what i heard

I already dropped the car off to Alexs shop once again. I'm having the car lowered 1.25"s and I'm having the power steering high pressure hoses replaced and the steering pump replaced due to leaks and poor performance, plus he screwed up reinstalling my headliner. My headliner is custom and costed me a bundle. His helper didn't line up the headliner properly. I'm also getting the transmission leak fixed. I lose about a quarter of a quart in two weeks. Not good man. She looks fine but shes a mess.

Arent the brake fluid/power steering fluids pretty similiar in qualities?? ive heard that it really wont hurt anything mixing them up besides color. That you can use one or the other in a pinch. Im probably wrong but thats what i heard

No you might be getting it confused with the comparison of power steering fluid and transmission fluid. They have similar properties. Brake fluid is not like power steering fluid.

Are you just cutting the springs?

Ok, here we go again. Yes I am just cutting the springs. I know, I know! I get the point why you buy aftermarket springs, i know. Xtremerevolution showed me the difference after riding around in his car a couple of times. The ride is firmer and lower with aftermarket springs, the car wont nose dive as much either. Cutting the stock springs still takes a soft spring that will continue lacking me in performance. I do not drive my car like a nascar driver either. I do enjoy driving quick but I'm not planning on taking turnings over 35 mph, Ive been in too many accidents to know better. I may just have to drive more carefully till I get $$$$ to replace them with Suspension Techniques lowering spring (which are the ones from JCWhitney for the Monte Carlo).

i know you don't want to hear this, but I would have just left it stock height until I could afford the 100$ springs, and not cut them. you said you've been in too many accidents, but just to let you know, cutting the springs isn't going to help with that, if anything it'll make it worse :lol:

Yeah I understand but I will only drive it on Fridays till it starts to snow. Then it's going in my in-laws garage. I really want it done in a rush for the w-body meet next week. That's the real reason. I will replace them. Most likely in April. She should be stored till at least March. Thanks for the advice.

FYI: cutting the stock springs changes the spring rate and makes them ride harder than the aftermarket ones availiable... aka the ST springs. They are only $90 shipped to your door

not diggin the "christine" on the back window, but otherwise the z34 looks ok. car looks to be amazing, so get some good pics soon! :thumb:

I AM digging your "Christine." If you had just painted her red, she WOULD fix herself up! Mine does! :lol:

car looks great, i would have went back with the original red though. although i am a little biased about that,lol... i just love the way they look red. but that does look really good as well, be nice to see some nice daytime pics of it too. good work.

hey man, props for the dedication to this car. i would have given up on her honestly. and i can only imagine how big a grin you had when you drove her out of the shop with that fresh black paint on it.

but one things bothers me. with all the time and money you have put into the body and paint, why is it such an ordeal to buy $100 springs instead of hacking the stockers?

not diggin the "christine" on the back window, but otherwise the z34 looks ok. car looks to be amazing, so get some good pics soon! :thumb:

I AM digging your "Christine." If you had just painted her red, she WOULD fix herself up! Mine does! :lol:

Thanks! I took a little crap about that from some other people before. Glad to see some people can think for themselves. I think it turned great. It's still very similar to the original "Christine" letter type from the movie posters and such. I took the original design that I had on my back window before and added my very own twist to the letters this time to represent the birth of the newly designed Christine.