Christine back in her day !! Bump 08/28/09 !!

boulevard

How did you clean up the rest of the original quarter panel from the car? The pictures show what looks like just a rough cut.

And getting the "new" quarter prepped, did you have to drill all the spot welds out?

I do understand your question but I do not know how Alex cleaned up the rough cut opening in my car to prep it to receive the donor quater panel. He has drilled out all the spot weldes. They are visible in the pictures I believe. The metal was stretched but the worst part of the damage was at top of the fender, the area between the rear quarter window and the bottom left hand corner of the back window.

I didn't get to get any pics as of yet. I probably will be getting some tomorrow if I can get a hold of the car me and the wife are sharing at this very moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boulevard

• Psych0matt

• Hairdo12

• 19Cutlass94

God I haven't updated this in so long. Here are a couple pics of Christine as she stands as of tonight.

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

Here are other pictures I never cared to upload before.........

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

GOD DO I HATE BUFFING!!! Especially black cars... i hope it turns out good for you! I usually get stuck with the pleasure of buffing a complete black car EVERY day. Its amazing how much new car dealers can fuck up black cars soo quick. They usually have less than twenty miles on them when im buffing them! Looks good man i hope it can make it to the next meet!

Yeah, I went back tonight and she's all polished up. I have my glass guy going back Thursday to reinstall all the glass. I should have her back Sunday fo sho.

Oh wow. And they cut up a Maui Blue Z to do it too... I'd have bought the blue Z and swapped everything over.

Can't wait to see how it looks all painted and everything though. I hate bodywork, I have great admiration for people who can do it well.

Oh I felt so bad cutting that Maui Blue Z34. I told my wife that I took a step back and thought "this cars previous owner has no idea how bad his baby is now being violated". Then I got over it and took what I needed. They wouldn't sell me the car. They can not legally sell me the car once it's in the Junk Yard. I did ask but no luck. It was cheaper to do the body work then buy a new car and reinstall everything into it.

• 3 weeks later...

So has there been a photo shoot yet of the finished product or did I miss it in another post?

I can't wait to see. Were you able to salvage the chromed Z badges (It was you who had those right)?

So has there been a photo shoot yet of the finished product or did I miss it in another post?

I can't wait to see. Were you able to salvage the chromed Z badges (It was you who had those right)?

I do have an update I guess. Christine is coming home tonight! I will update this post and not open any new ones. I was the one with the chrome Z34 badges but I choose not to keep or rechrome them. I did remove them from the sides of the car and the one on the trunk was thrown away along with the trunk lid and broken spoiler. I have replaced the back window vinyl. I could of had her home about two weeks ago but he didn't shave the new bowtie off of the replacement grille I had. So he had to remove it and then body fill the grille and then paint it. He also installed my rims too. I haven't seen her in two weeks and Im afraid to bring her home. The kids in my neighborhood have already starting bombing with eggs, shaving cream and what else they use. I would really like her to stay in his shop till after halloween since I have an apartment with no garage.

yeah, we want updates!

Read my last post. I will have pictures by tomorrow. I need good light in order to post them but I am picking her up tonight against my will. Read the past post to find out why. Thanks guys!

:biggrin:

Ok so here's the UPDATE everyone (yeah right) have been dieing for. I picked her up tonight but it's too late to get good pictures so here's what I was able to take at a Walgreens parking lot.

:jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot:

IMG_8514.jpg

:jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot:

IMG_8512.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg

:jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot: :jumpalot:

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

I so happy that I got my baby home. I'll let xtremerevolution let you tell you about my tale of what happeaned shortly after when we left the shop.

Looks good. I thought it was getting renamed?

We did toss around some names like...

General Z

Justine

Gladice

Midnight

and Ressurrection

I couldn't change her name. I've referring to my car as Christine for 4 years now. I hate change too, plue everyone refers to my car by Christine. No one asks "How your car?" They also say Christine.

daytime pics or ban!!

i cant believe there are this many W nuts out there. kudos for keeping her alive.

I didnt bring mine back from the dead....twice....for nothing!

Deff need daytime pics but props on all the hard work!