Cooling Fans- Code P0480

LuminaMan93

The check engine light came on for the first time in the Impala last Monday. I went to autozone and had them pull the code for me. It came back P0480- malfunction in the control circuit for cooling fan 1. I checked where the wire plug into the fans but didnt see anything. I think it is a just a bad connection because the check engine light will go out then come back on the next day. The temperature is reading halfway on the gauge and runs hotter when the A/C is on. I had to turn the A/C off because it was almost in the red driving home on a hot day sitting in traffic. I was wondering if there is a fuse or another connection that I should check? FWIW its a 3800 Series II. Thanks in advance.

The check engine light came on for the first time in the Impala last Monday. I went to autozone and had them pull the code for me. It came back P0480- malfunction in the control circuit for cooling fan 1. I checked where the wire plug into the fans but didnt see anything. I think it is a just a bad connection because the check engine light will go out then come back on the next day. The temperature is reading halfway on the gauge and runs hotter when the A/C is on. I had to turn the A/C off because it was almost in the red driving home on a hot day sitting in traffic. I was wondering if there is a fuse or another connection that I should check? FWIW its a 3800 Series II. Thanks in advance.

LOL

Sounds exactly like the same problem I was having with my Series I 3800. There should be a fan dedicated to turn on when your A/C turns on. For mine, the fuse had gone bad because of a short circuit on the wire right next to the fusebox. I'd check that out first.