Pics already!

LukeZ34

http://www.lukez34.com/theride/Cutlass

Go check them out.. there's a few pictures in that folder of the lumina. There's some C pillar dome lights that I installed from a 95 GTP and never got pictures of. They went in easily and wiring was a simple too.

I'm loving the cutty. I'm beginning to wonder why I never bought one in the first place. There's a couple things the dealership is going to fix though.. the turn signal switch works when it wants too, and the alt is only charging about 12 volts all the time, and I'm hearing a whining under the hood. So my assumption is that the alt may be on its last leg.

The interior needs some cleaning, and with a white interior, it's real noticable where the dirt is. Hopefully there are a few nice days left in the year here so I can get a chance to Zaino it too.. :D

What do you convertible guys use to keep your leather seats in good condition?

Since there's no tranny cooler on this car stock from GM.. what's the best one to get and is it pretty simple to install? I'd much rather take care of the tranny now since it's got such low miles on it.

Sweet ass sweet! Shanie likie (in chris Farly Voice in tommy boy). Let me know if your interested in a intake. I think i found a way to make some polly Dogbones. I am experimenting with some things making polly. if you want i can try and make bushings for a stock mount. it would be cheap. i need to order some supplies and i am gong to start playing with it. but it will come out pretty good. Also i am going to be making exhaust midpipes as soon as Aaron can come down here. let me know if your interested in anything or if you need help with anything. that cutty looks like a cruser and it would be a nice trip down to loveland.

RedZ

I think for the time being.. I'm gonna try to jerry rig a temporary intake. I still have the original cone filter that came with the lumina's intake. I'm gonna see if I can attach that to the end of the MAF sensor. The car just sounds too damn quiet now, lol

Wow! That car is MINT! It looks awesome, I'm really happy for yah. Looks like the Lumina was in really excellent condition too-makes me happy to see other w-body owners taking really good car of their cars. Keep up the good work!

Luke, PM me about the leather I'll tell you the deal, I just dont have the time to type it at this moment - Tom

Tell me as well... white leather is a biatch to clean!

BTW, Luke, nice car! I'm so glad you got it before some teenage mommy-buys-me-everything-I-wreck kid got it. Have you figured out how to "gracefully" put the boot back into the storage bag? Took me forever, and I'm still clumsy with it.

Oh, and don't let the temperature go down drastically after you let the top go down.... in the fall (here in MS) the days are hot and the nights are cold. When you put the top up at night the vinyl has lost a lot of it's elasticity with the temperature... it makes putting the top up harder.

NEVER park under trees...white vinyl is hard to clean (do you have trees in KS? :) )

NEVER put the top down when it's damp because it will mildew very quickly, which is also hard to get off...

Sweet Ride,

so are you going to install some Z badges on it...Just kidding.

I know you want the Type R badges, but make SUre you get them in Yellow and with the demand make sure you shop around wouldnt want to pay to much you know LOL

Im just messin with yeah.....and bty :rocking: on DUDE lol

okay Im bored at work.

Have you figured out how to "gracefully" put the boot back into the storage bag? Took me forever, and I'm still clumsy with it.

Nope.. not yet. I gotta figure out how to correctly get the boot on first. The plastic tabs don't want to stay under the trim for some reason. But getting it back in to it's cover is the next thing I need to try.

Thanks for the tips. I read through the convertible manual last night and learned what i needed to know about it. It helps to have info from someone who actually owns one, lol.

Welcome to the drop top club....Hey I like that.

Convts are a blast. Believe him when he says don't put the top up cold. I am here in RI. I would say anything below 60-65 is cold.

I am looking for that perfect leather cleaner too. If I find one I will let you know.

Congrats on the purchase bro.

I've heard to use Saddle Soap to clean the leather.

I use Lexol cleaner and it works OK, but I've heard Saddle Soap is the exact same stuff, but cheaper. I don't know what the best conditioner is, but I use Lexol. I heard it was good stuff, but I'm sure there's probably something better and cheaper out there.

That white interior is pretty cool looking, congrats! Kind of looks like a show-car interior, but it's stock. I think that interior color scheme is convertible-specific.

You guys are lucky you have the storage bag!!! I don't have one, and they've been discontinued by GM so I couldn't buy one even if I wanted to spend the $500 that they used to cost.

That's a really cherry ragtop you have there, Luke! Good luck with it.

It's unbelievable to me how rinky dink those plastic tabs are on the boot. They constantly come out from under the trim. Especially when you are cruisin' down the turnpike at 75 or so. Seems like a real el cheapo design for a machine that originally cost new around $27K!

No problem putting it back in the bag, just bend gently and it pops right in.

My company makes some really good leather cleaner and conditioner that I put regularly on my seats and it cleans vinyl up good too. It's called 'Tannery All-in-One Cleaner and Conditioner', product number 40173. Manufactured by CRC Industries, Inc. However, I have no clue where you would buy it at in Kansas. It comes in a 10 oz. aerosol can.

I also live in NE US, eastern PA and agree with the other guys about leaving the top down in colder weather.

When the snow and crap comes, my baby will be parked in my garage and I'll be driving my gas hog, 1985 Dodge Ram pickup (318 CI).

Happy motoring all, there's very few top-down days left now!

Have you figured out how to "gracefully" put the boot back into the storage bag? Took me forever, and I'm still clumsy with it.

Nope.. not yet. I gotta figure out how to correctly get the boot on first. The plastic tabs don't want to stay under the trim for some reason. But getting it back in to it's cover is the next thing I need to try.

Thanks for the tips. I read through the convertible manual last night and learned what i needed to know about it. It helps to have info from someone who actually owns one, lol.

Read the "Convertible Supplement" that comes with your regular owner's manual. This is the way it goes in the book (I think)

Be sure to gently "push" the top down on both sides....doesn't hurt top a bit. If you look closely you'll see some stops built into one of the arms...

Take the boot and place it over the lowered top.

Slide the tabs on the corners first.

After that, slide the tabs on the sides in.

Then clip the back of the boot to that whatever (...the thing that has the integrated CHMSL)

Then you button the boot to the interior, and

Lastly, evenly affix the front seam of the boot to the Velcro strip along the back.

That might be the order in the book.... anyway, whatever the book says works best (trust me, I've spent HOURS with it)

BTW, doncha just love the "It is not a roll bar. It will not protect you in the event of a crash..." warning? Hell, since it provides structural (torsional) rigidity, it will help you a little during a rollover... anyway...