• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• swift13

• Crazy K

• tdvs

Which auction in B'ham? I am not that far away and have a friend that can buy salvage title cars.

IAAI Auctions

1600 Highway 150

P.O.Box 691

Bessemer, AL 35022-4042

Sale to be dated

Unfortunately though, it appears to have been stolen and set on fire.

getimage.aspx?imagetype=1&imageid=28875037

• 1 month later...

We got are first snow on the roads today here in mich, and I'm sad to say that we lost another vert today . Dont know what year it was but it was a white on white one .Looked sad sitting there on the tow truck all bent up.

• 1 month later...

Some cars coming up in auctions to be dated

1993 3.4 in Savannah, GA salvage auction - 1G3WT34X5PD365173 - Odd car, no lip spoiler, black reverse bar and what appears to be a rocket affixed to right taillight.

1995 3100 car in green with white leather, Tifton, GA salvage auction - 1G3WT32M1SD341485

Red 1995 in a Chicago salvage auction - 1G3WT32XXSD311413

1995 in Philadelphia - 1G3WT32X5SD342083

Red 1994 in Salt Lake City, UT - 1G3WT35X3RD346378

Teal 1994 in Syracuse, NY Jan. 3rd - 1G3WT35X8RD337577

Black 1994 in Tauton, MA - 1G3WT35X1RD374650

Red 1993 in Buffalo - 1G3WT34X4PD366587

Red 1993 in Minneapolis - Jan. 2 - 1G3WT34X8PD309745

Teal 1992 in Denver - Jan. 9 - 1G3WT34T6ND361627

Red 1992 in Birmingham, Al - 1G3WT34T7ND354055

White 1991 in Dallas - 1G3WT34T1MD359511

VIN number

check door ID tag for build date.

SPID on tire cover in trunk (if it matches or is even present)

generally record what options you see.

there are two different red 92's with tattered dark graphite interiors in Indianapolis right now.

this was in the yard, last winter.....not sure if I ever passed on the info/pics to you guys but I figured I would ad the pics to this thread even if I already gave the info to you...

DSCF3429.jpg

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3426.jpg

DSCF3427.jpg

Went to the junkyard today to begin taking what I thought was usable from the car shown below, a 1994 Cutlass Vert.

What a disgusting mess it is. I can not believe that the interior could have been abused like this.

Anyway, got the strut tower brace, all of the belt trim with the exeption of the drivers door, it was already gone,

roll bar cover (top and bottom) including the dome light fixture.

The lense is 90 % with just the small piece at one end missing and of course the switch covers are missing.

Also pulled the lip spoiler from the trunk. Tailights were already gone.

Pulled the interior windshield trim - 4 of the 5 pieces - driver's A post cover missing.

Since I had those pieces off, I decided to pull the top pin cups, although they are not in great condition ( I have a good relationship with a machine shop, I am going to have him look at reproducing the cups in aluminum, anybody interested in this??).

Since I was at this point, I though I would try to remove the exterior windshiled trim - many fasteners later and I had them off, the finish is toast, but I will be looking at stripping them and perhaps have them powder coated.

The main reason I went was that I was hoping to remove the convertibile top frame. Well, I didn't get that far. Also, I hope to pull the rear power window motors. Didn't have a cordless drill with me to drill out the rivets, so will have to go back soon to get at them.

According to the yard, the car should still be there for another few weeks, so I have to make sure I get back there and get what I still can.

Does anyone have any suggestions of vert specific parts I should still try to pull???

Oh, and I also got 2 of the 94 - 96 GP or 95 to 97 Cutlass console lids - NOT BROKEN. - both are tan, one cover is good, the second has a small tear.

Anyway, brought all of the stuff listed above home for the outrageous price of $ 22.41

I found a Cutlass Convertable in a junkyard today too...

Forgive my ignorance...I didn't realize you Cutlass guys had a register going for these cars...I can go back tommorow during my break from school though and figure out more about the car.

I sort of did a double-take when I saw the car though...Sunbird/Cavalier convertables are so common it didn't occur to me it was an an Olds. I was like "WTF is that?...no...it can't be...holy crap...IT IS!!"

The car was a medium blue/grey leather interior with mint seats and some interior panels remainaing. The top looked pretty messed up though...3.4 auto drivetrain.

I grabbed the STB, which is in good shape too.

Do you guys just want the VIN number or what?

The car was a medium blue/grey leather interior with mint seats and some interior panels remainaing.

Where is this located at? I could use a new driver's seat base (power) because mine is broken.

The car was a medium blue/grey leather interior with mint seats and some interior panels remainaing.

Where is this located at? I could use a new driver's seat base (power) because mine is broken.

you still need that?

It's at the Parts Galore in Detroit, the one on west Warren Ave. Not sure of the address, but it's about 5 miles/10 minute drive west of Woodward.

I can see if mine will fit in one of those flat rate priority boxes and it's yours.

It's at the Parts Galore in Detroit, the one on west Warren Ave. Not sure of the address, but it's about 5 miles/10 minute drive west of Woodward.

grr.....I was there last wednesday and it wasn't there then :evil: ....I would have raped it for a few parts....not like I really need them, but I would have done it anyway :)

If the driver's door is there, the build date would be great, but just the VIN and particulars which you have already given is good.

Ok, here's the beef...

The car was a 1994 model year, built in November of 1993 (11/93).

Vin: 1G3WT35X7RD334394

Blue Exterior, Dark Grey (Charcoal) Leather interior, White Top, 3.4 Automatic...

As of today the top was pulled abnormally backwards into the trunk, but all of the hardware and fabric seems to remain (probably damaged beyond repair I would guess). The wheels were replaced with some cheesy chrome ones, so no leads on what the original rolling stock was.

The "roll bar" has most of the trim and weatherstripping removed (the blue superstructure was exposed), however the the rear quarter windows, and door glass remain. The dash is removed, but the console remains among the seats, which are in great shape too.

I hope this helps the cause for you guys...sorry to be the "bearer of bad news". :cry:

EDIT: VIN # now complete