Turbo Question...

Need a bolt-on turbo for my cousins TGP. Don't really car if it is a T25 or a T3 or whatever... Needs to fit, work, and be cheap. What turbos will work? Are all T25's the same? What will bolt-on directly? His turbo is trashed, and he needs a cheap fix... anybody have a stocker they want to sell? How much for a rebuild on his (if it is even possible)? Looking for a cheap solution to get his car back on the road. Anybody??? Thanks in advance.

chuckhines@hotmail.com

Guest TurboSedan

the only one that will bolt straight onto the TGP crossover is the TGP T-25 (i think). the T-25 in a Gen-2 DSM car would be different. the crossover uses 2 bolts on the flange below the 4 turbo bolts that help support the turbo to the mount on the transmission. if you want to use a different turbo you would probably have to get a custom flange welded onto the crossover and it would need to incorporate 2 holes for the turbo support bracket. there are several companies that rebuild turbos, and they may be able to upgrade your T-25. expensive tho. good luck trying to find someone that will sell you a good TGP T-25. i have just about every TGP part except the turbo itself. still looking...

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

btw, i just got my TGP crossover yesterday, and i can't believe how SMALL the turbo flange hole is....it measures out to a whopping 2"x1.5". it is rectangular with rounded corners....hmmm maybe a custom flange and a T3 would be best, ecspecially considering the TGP T-25 is hard to come by anyway.

joshua