ATTN CONVERTIBLE OWNERS, WE NEED YOUR HELP! - turning this over to jeremy

ManicMechanic

I am turning this over to Jake - 94CutlassVert.

Okay, here's the deal. Crazy K and I are researching and building a private database of convertibles. This database will consist of VINs, exterior, interior and top colors, options, original wheels, ect.

So what we need from our convertible owners is your VIN (you are welcome to leave off the last 3 or 6 digits if you are uncomfortable with giving us the entire VIN, no one will be using this info except for us to find out what options your car originally came with via a GM parts department. I, or we, will be more than happy to send you this printout if you like!) Your car's info will not be given to ANYONE else. It will simply go on a spreadsheet format that I have created and the printouts will be kept in my files. Many classifieds websites encourage sellers to add the VIN so people may run a BatFax! type report so there's something to think about as well.

Even better will be a clear photo of the door jamb sticker (located on driver's door) and SPID label (located in trunk on the spare tire cover.)

Also, convertibles you see in the junkyard, on dealer lots, for sale, ect...If you are able to, take down the VIN for us, we can obtain the RPOs and build date from there.

Please send a private message (it will be deleted after obtaining the info) to 94CutlassVert with your VIN, build date (both of which are located inside the door jamb, check you VIN to make sure the car's door hasn't been replaced some time in it's life, send both VINs if so), colors & photos.

I'd like to keep this post unclutterd, so just a PM will do.

Thank you!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I found two convertibles in the local yard with the following VINs.. Both are 1993 and picked over pretty good.

I went back one week later to gather the VINs and noticed more gone- including the OEM stereo.

1G3WT34X5PD358174

1G3WT34T5ND309986

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but isn't it possible to find a Cutty Vert on CoPartfinder and take the VIN from that?

I was searching for one near me and saw that it listed VIN #'s.

• 1 month later...

I've seen this one in the parking lot at the Food Lion where I work, just now snagged some pics with my phone, I'll get the VIN later. The old lady who drives it is a regular there just about every day. Burgundy leather interior, digital guages, the top is not in horrible condition, although on the back to the right of the rear window, there is some kinda sealer. I'm surprised it's still driveable after what looks like one heck of a front end collision.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have 2 '95s - An all Black " Gold Edition" 1G3WT32X3SD306506 ( For Sale) and a Dark Teal Met./Tan/Tan

1G3WT32X8SD343941 but title shows body style as sedan ??? Guess I should get it corrected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 2 '95s - An all Black " Gold Edition" 1G3WT32X3SD306506 ( For Sale) and a Dark Teal Met./Tan/Tan

1G3WT32X8SD343941 but title shows body style as sedan ??? Guess I should get it corrected.

How much do you want for that BTW?

Found 3 more Thursday at "Pick-N-Pull" in Hammond, IN. All already picked and pulled over.

1 3100 White/Burgundy 1G3WT35M8RD332661 Bld. Date 11/93

1 3.4 All Black 1G3WT34X1PD319064 Bld. Date 11/92

1 3.1 All Black 1G3WT34T0PD350979 Bld. Date 3/93

Tom

here is the spid lable i mentioned in the pm i covered the vin because i didnt want anybody else to see it but it does match the one i gave you

It's kind of like a license plate #... People cover it up all the time, but there is no need. :dunno: Anyone can just go up to your car and see it anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a '95 green with black top, and tan leather sitting in the local JY...

VIN #1G3WT32M1SD330583 ... I took a pic of the VIN but I didn't take any pics of the car.

Pretty well picked apart, the only thing I saw it had was lip spoiler/tails, but someone took them already.

• 3 weeks later...