ATTN CONVERTIBLE OWNERS, WE NEED YOUR HELP! - turning this over to jeremy

ManicMechanic

Looks like a piece of trim will run about 8-15 dollars at that yard. I don't know if I will have any available time to go and pull it. I could try and get it next week. Right front fender. The passenger side?

post-9404-143689142489_thumb.jpg

yes right front fender but it is not the pice you have circl it is the pice of trim for the body calding

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Aside from a few of us here and the occasional Mecum auction there probably aren't that many left due to the lack of LQ1 parts and 3100 love. Ill bet there are more classic A-body or G-body 442s running around than W-body Supreme Verts now.

• Like 1

I just thought about this but for some odd reason, there's more support for J bodies and FWD A bodies than there is for 1st gen W's. You can source most of the seals for a J convertible but not a W. 

You are probably right. The newest CSC is 23 years old now.

Scary shit. 

I can tell you this, I will have my CSC until the day I die.  I believe someone will reproduce our vert specific seals one day and that it will probably be spearheaded by someone on this forum.  

• Like 3

I think trying to track the convertible VINs is a job that should wait another decade or so, or when there are just a few hundred left.   Now in 2018, I think there are still too many to count, probably thousands left of the original 25k+ built.  

I don't know what the percentage of convertibles in existence would be for sale in late February, but there are many (maybe 100?) for sale recently on craigslist and it's still winter.  

Some fun ones I just saw on craigslist include a nice restored, repainted blue 1991 in Phoenix with 4-point harnesses installed in the front seats (?), a white one in Michigan with only 23k miles for $20k,  a black one with 22" rims in Chicago, and a red 3100 in Cincinnati with 233k miles.

Edited by oldmangrimes

• 2 weeks later...

I am turning this over to Jake - 94CutlassVert.

Okay, here's the deal. Crazy K and I are researching and building a private database of convertibles. This database will consist of VINs, exterior, interior and top colors, options, original wheels, ect.

So what we need from our convertible owners is your VIN (you are welcome to leave off the last 3 or 6 digits if you are uncomfortable with giving us the entire VIN, no one will be using this info except for us to find out what options your car originally came with via a GM parts department. I, or we, will be more than happy to send you this printout if you like!) Your car's info will not be given to ANYONE else. It will simply go on a spreadsheet format that I have created and the printouts will be kept in my files. Many classifieds websites encourage sellers to add the VIN so people may run a BatFax! type report so there's something to think about as well.

Even better will be a clear photo of the door jamb sticker (located on driver's door) and SPID label (located in trunk on the spare tire cover.)

Also, convertibles you see in the junkyard, on dealer lots, for sale, ect...If you are able to, take down the VIN for us, we can obtain the RPOs and build date from there.

Please send a private message (it will be deleted after obtaining the info) to 94CutlassVert with your VIN, build date (both of which are located inside the door jamb, check you VIN to make sure the car's door hasn't been replaced some time in it's life, send both VINs if so), colors & photos.

I'd like to keep this post unclutterd, so just a PM will do.

Thank you!!

614a9255d2dbb1c963be919a231e7eea.jpgill get info together soon

Sounds interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I am turning this over to Jake - 94CutlassVert.

Okay, here's the deal. Crazy K and I are researching and building a private database of convertibles. This database will consist of VINs, exterior, interior and top colors, options, original wheels, ect.

So what we need from our convertible owners is your VIN (you are welcome to leave off the last 3 or 6 digits if you are uncomfortable with giving us the entire VIN, no one will be using this info except for us to find out what options your car originally came with via a GM parts department. I, or we, will be more than happy to send you this printout if you like!) Your car's info will not be given to ANYONE else. It will simply go on a spreadsheet format that I have created and the printouts will be kept in my files. Many classifieds websites encourage sellers to add the VIN so people may run a BatFax! type report so there's something to think about as well.

Even better will be a clear photo of the door jamb sticker (located on driver's door) and SPID label (located in trunk on the spare tire cover.)

Also, convertibles you see in the junkyard, on dealer lots, for sale, ect...If you are able to, take down the VIN for us, we can obtain the RPOs and build date from there.

Please send a private message (it will be deleted after obtaining the info) to 94CutlassVert with your VIN, build date (both of which are located inside the door jamb, check you VIN to make sure the car's door hasn't been replaced some time in it's life, send both VINs if so), colors & photos.

I'd like to keep this post unclutterd, so just a PM will do.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...