UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
19Cutlass94

How to lower a W-Body ( Gen 1, Gen 1.5 )

I've read that thread multiple times and spent hours searching and could not find a specific answer I was looking for. I know they are half gen which is why I was confused, I did find the arraut motorsports coilovers that will fit a 1.5 gen http://www.arrautmotorsports.com/parts/w-body. I did take a lot from your write up for lowering springs before i decided coilovers.

Rear coilovers for a gen 2 w bodie are a direct bolt in for a 95-99 monte/lumina

Out of curiosity do you know this for sure? I'm trying to mount a rear strut bar on my 96 lumina and have been trying to find out for sure if these mounting brackets will fit.

http://drcustomparts.com/HomePage.htm

I have gmpp rear struts with intrax springs that i pulled off a 2000 gtp on my 97 monte. I also got a rear stb off the same gtp.. ....brackets fit but i had to narrow the bar itself like 3 or 4 inches

I know this is an old post and would hope y'all see this, but I just have a quick questions about the coil springs for the first gen lumina coilovers. Would the diameter for the springs (2.5") be the inside or outside diameter?

I know this is an old post and would hope y'all see this, but I just have a quick questions about the coil springs for the first gen lumina coilovers. Would the diameter for the springs (2.5") be the inside or outside diameter?

Inside

still lookin to see if anyone has modified the rear towers of a 1st gen to allow gen 2 3 stud struts to work..im gonna cut holes if i cannot find anyone who has done it.want to know the ride quality and noise factors of swapping.

so went to the boneyard today and investigated the rear of a 1.5 and gen 2 w to see what would be needed to swap.kinda looks like there is not enough room in the strut tower to fit a 3 bolt design in,without cutting the towers off a 1.5 or 2 and welding them in.im gonna do a little more investigating,but its looking more like im gonna have to piece together a coilover setup for the existing struts.

so went to the boneyard today and investigated the rear of a 1.5 and gen 2 w to see what would be needed to swap.kinda looks like there is not enough room in the strut tower to fit a 3 bolt design in,without cutting the towers off a 1.5 or 2 and welding them in.im gonna do a little more investigating,but its looking more like im gonna have to piece together a coilover setup for the existing struts.

I test fit some intrigue struts on a 92 lumina(actually the same lumina i got ur vents from lol) and though it was a lil bit tighter there was plenty of room

hmm i used a mount to see and it looks like the newer ones angle into the tower vs just straight up/down as mine appear.im gonna have to do some more test fitting at the junkyard when its warm so i can snap pictures etc....being snowy,windy and just downright miserable i have little ambition to do such tasks.