Vert' roof folding Issue

GutlassSupreme

Picture, please. Mine works great, however if I can see what you are talking about... I am an engineer. If I can see it, I can compare it to mine, then figure out a way to fabricate something.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• GutlassSupreme

• kuwaitliberation

• GnatGoSplat

I'll try again tomorrow. I took some, but realized they were really blurry :sad:

Time for an upgrade on the ol' camera :lol:

:lol: well, the camera on my phone is better than the little digi cam I have. And yes, I want a good one, but I have to pay bills and fix the car first! Oh, and I probably shouldn't move around as much while taking pics in the first place!

I hadn't noticed before this post, but my top doesn't go all the way down, either. Does anyone have a parts blow-up of the top? Maybe a portion of the maintenance manual for this? I have some ideas and all. Once I fix the A/C in my truck, I am going to tear down some of this vert top. Mostly to repair the headliner and place the window back in properly. I want to get familiar with the mechanics of the whole thing, also. I have NEVER worked on a vert before, but I have fixed a toaster, so this should be a snap, right? :lol:

Bump to get psych0matt to put up a dang photo of his issues...I mean the broken part of the car! I ain't no shrink, so I don't want to know what your problem is! :confused:

Below is a link to the convertible top info from a 1995 service manual. It may be of some help.

http://www.polar.icestorm.com/sfl/cutlass/convertible_top_info.pdf

I like the looks of my car, but I wish GM would have designed the top to sit lower on the car when the top is down, kind of like they did with the ragtop Camaros from that same time period.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha, ok, i have a camera right now, i'll try and get one today. I had one, but it was on my phone, and i cant get the software to work anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
:lol: im sorry guys! someone PM me tomorrow afternoon, I can now do it since i have my buddys camera. I tried fixing it with some wire but it didnt really work.

Is this it? Because this is what's broken on mine and the top sticks up about 1-1/2 ft when I tried to put it all the way down.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Is this it? Because this is what's broken on mine and the top sticks up about 1-1/2 ft when I tried to put it all the way down.

that appears to be the part that broke on matt's car. I've seen it first hand.

Well, mine isn't broken, however the bolt or whatever that is has fallen out. The two brackets are still fully intact. That would explain why the passenger side doesn't go down all the way. The drivers side works fine.

Now, we're off to see the wizard to find that stupid part.

Can anyone get me a part description/number?

yep, that's the piece thats broke. mine is only up maybe 6 inches, i can push it all the way down, but it springs back up to about a 6 inch height and will stay there. anyone have any ideas?

12505324 RH

12505325 LH

Brace, F/Top Stabilizer

I don't see anything saying 1992-95 is different than 1990-91. My parts manual goes to 92...

So is anyone ever going to post a pic of this mystery part that stops our roofs from fully dropping ? Inquiring minds want to know ! (and see a pic of it and location) :question: