Quick FE3 Suspension Question

91GranSport

Which vehicles were equipped with the "FE3" option? I'm thinking the Gen1 W-Body had the FE3 option on Lumina Z34s and Grand Prix GTP coupes. Perhaps the Cutlass Supreme had it as an option as well? I'm not sure about the sedans though. I have no idea about the Gen1.5 or Gen2.

Hmm. I remember someone mentioning that there was an "FE4" suspension package for the W-Body. Perhaps it was only available on the Gen2.

You're thinking of a Corvette Z06 suspension. :lol: That's what the FE4 was available on. :wink:

Which vehicles were equipped with the "FE3" option? I'm thinking the Gen1 W-Body had the FE3 option on Lumina Z34s and Grand Prix GTP coupes. Perhaps the Cutlass Supreme had it as an option as well? I'm not sure about the sedans though. I have no idea about the Gen1.5 or Gen2.

Well GM uses the "FE3" RPO on many of there cars since it's the upgraded sport suspension.

* For instance my Cutlass was a FE3.

* But also my Monte Carlo is running a FE3 as well.

* ...and to really throw you a loop, my Beretta GT was a FE3. :wink:

Now there's a slight difference in parts (obviously) but the idea still stands.

- RedFox340

Sheeeeeit! I guess I was hoping that my car would handle like the Z06. :)

Thanks for clarifying that though. I'm just glad I have the best suspension possible on the W-Body. I have the FE3 suspension as well. In Buick's terms it'd be called the "GranSport" suspension. The FE1 was called "DynaRide".

You're thinking of a Corvette Z06 suspension. :lol: That's what the FE4 was available on. :wink:

well wats need to upgrade to the FE3? Wat about the WS6?

The WS6 is a special version of the FE3 suspension that was put into the TGPs. WS6 was also a suspension package on the 80s Firebirds. :D

As far as upgrading, I'm not sure what's all involved. I think all that's different between any of the packages is the mono leaf and the sway bars, but there could be more differences. :?:

wait, so i was to change my sway bars to thicker ones, add a STB to the rear *already have the front*, get that Flex-A-Form monoleaf spring that lowers the ride wit the ST front lowering springs, i could then call my Pree a WS6? if so, ima buy the emblem off of ebay and tack it on my ride 8)

No..a flex-o-form leaf would not make it a WS6. You want a very stiff leaf...not a lowering leaf. The WS6 package was all about performance..I.E. stiffness of the suspension. Also...the WS6 package came with sport tuned struts/shocks. The WS6 didn't have STBs, but it did have larger diameter front and rear sway bars.

Just be happy you don't have the FE1. Dynaride really sucks. Really, it does!

You dont like the FE1?? :lol: :lol:

Mine isnt that bad, the strut bars helped A LOT

Robby

WS6 was a ram air pakage on the T/A

WS6 SALES PACKAGE , APPEARANCE & PERFORMANCE

It was a suspension package before it was the ram air package :wink: :lol:

Do a search on google for "WS6 SUSPENSION PACKAGE" :wink:

On a side note, the Fiero GTs also came with this package. :D

were do you find wether the car is FE1 or FE3.? i found alot of numbers on the spare tire cover, it had the vin number plus a shitload of other alpha numeric characters but it had FE3...so is my 4dr Pree a FE3??

were do you find wether the car is FE1 or FE3.? i found alot of numbers on the spare tire cover, it had the vin number plus a shitload of other alpha numeric characters but it had FE3...so is my 4dr Pree a FE3??

Yes, it is.