!UPDATE PLZ READ BOTTOM OF PAGE! car bogging out

blkinternational

i cant figure it out im thinkin spark plugs,

1994 cutlass, 3100

boggs out and almost dies when i give it gas. it has like no power at all high rev but going nowhere. almost feel as if the break it on, i dunno what it is any ideas?

Doesnt mean thats not the problem. Just give the car a full tune up. Its less than $50

If you get cheap everything.

Don't you have SES lights on?

ive noticed that my voltage is down even when im driving it usaley is around 11 volts and it will go up slighty but when i give it gas it boggs out and the volts go wayy down

do you think the bogging out and low volts is due to bad alternator

Absolutely it is. I would have you alt checked for proper function and I'd also check the entire charging system including battery and cable connections. Your charging system should run at a minimum of 13.6v and whetever the amp rating is under full load. Do not just throw an alternator at first, check all connections for tightness and for corrosion too.

If you have inadequate output from your charging system, it will affect all other electronic functions on the engine. Here's an easy way to tell, get a good overnight charge on the battery, this of course after you've checked your battery and cable connections, then take it for a ride without any other accessories on and see how it runs. Then go from there....

• 3 weeks later...

ok i fixed the voltage problem was the alternator car is running better but still sounds like it is missing when i give it WOT, what happens is it will pull hard then then it will bogg only for a second then the exaust will make a small ping almost like a back fire im not sure tho. new plugs, wires as of last summer any ideas plz help!

pull the plugs and take a look at them, make sure the gaps are all ok. also make sure all the boots are on securely.

I'd check your coil packs next.

does it do it from startup? or only once it warms up?

it does it from start up checked gaps on all the plugs there fine i coudlnt find a vacume leak so im leaning twords the coil packs

it does it from start up checked gaps on all the plugs there fine i coudlnt find a vacume leak so im leaning twords the coil packs

I was gonna say maybe a vac leak. but if you O2 sensor had to be replaced it's likely an ignition problem, so definetly check the coils next. I'd say ICM but I think most ICM problems only really start once the car warms up. that's how mine was.

hmm well next time im at parts galore ill fnd a decent car with low miles and pocket the coils... test that i hope thats it is that what u all think