• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• Euro

• 97loudcut

did you paint ur ADDCO bar?

mine came is a yellow zinc coating.....which is fine..you can't see it anyways....

My new one came black too.

I hope my car looks like your by the end of today. Still strugling with the trailing arms. :frown:

Thanks guys!!!!

Im not really sure if the trailing arms will give you more room or not. Ill have to check it out next time Im working on the car.

Id really like to go test everything out but I cannot :(

Today I got around to actually starting the engine. It was nice because it hasnt been ran in a couple weeks. Fired right up on the first try! Didnt even crank or anything! Although I still have my lovely PS/Alt whine! ughhh it is horrible I tell ya! Now I just gotta get the damn air out of the cooling system! Other than that, I had to take off the light assembly today so I could re-wire some connectors since the wires got damaged, but thats all done, so Ill leave you with these pictures of where I stand currently!

Picture%2D02%20043.jpg

Picture%2D02%20042.jpg

Picture%2D02%20041.jpg

yeah it is the gas tank, but its really not that rusty at all. Im not even gonna bother to POR15 it. It just doesnt seem worth it to me right now.

I cant wait to see how the car is going to handle now that I actually have non-blown struts and a rear sway bar! lol

looking good, can't wait for it to be back to where it was before the accident, nice clean looking cutlass!

Thanks!!! I cant wait either! Im pretty much waiting on paint, and I still need to get a hood. Im going to stop by this weekend to see how everything is coming along. I also need to get all the air out of the cooling system, which right now really seems to be a bitch, I dont know why.

yeah it is the gas tank, but its really not that rusty at all. Im not even gonna bother to POR15 it. It just doesnt seem worth it to me right now.

I cant wait to see how the car is going to handle now that I actually have non-blown struts and a rear sway bar! lol

looking good, can't wait for it to be back to where it was before the accident, nice clean looking cutlass!

Thanks!!! I cant wait either! Im pretty much waiting on paint, and I still need to get a hood. Im going to stop by this weekend to see how everything is coming along. I also need to get all the air out of the cooling system, which right now really seems to be a bitch, I dont know why.

bleeding the coolant system on a 3100 is a PITA!!...took me 3 attemps on the cutlass to get the air out!...

yeah I messed around with it yesturday, and I got a little bit out, but then I just let it sit there and within 5 minutes it was well HOT. I know I still got alot of air in the system, but for some reason I just couldnt get it out. My and my dad are going to mess with it more tomorrow

Did your car come with an original sway bar? Cause I have been looking at these instructions, and it wants me to cut my hangers so it can adapt off them. I was thinking maybe I could remove everything and have all new hangers and stuff that comes with the kit. If that is even possible.

Did your car come with an original sway bar? Cause I have been looking at these instructions, and it wants me to cut my hangers so it can adapt off them. I was thinking maybe I could remove everything and have all new hangers and stuff that comes with the kit. If that is even possible.

Mine had NO original sway bar. I followed their directions and used their hardware for that. I wouldnt cut those hangers, just get a bigger bushing and use what you have.

so, if i wreck mine can you come and do my rear suspension too? lol

I dont think you wanna wreck yours though! :lol:

Well yet again, another UPDATE!!!

I started taking apart the other '94 that Im parting out, and found out that it is a '95+ motor. Which means Ill be able to use the fulcrum roller rockers, instead of the stamped steel that I currently have.

So the list of engine work will include fulcrum roller rockers, P&P upper intake, and P&P lower intake ( gasket matched ) 3400TB, and Ill also be making a custom CAI.

I thought about going with heads too, but really, I dont feel like diving that far into it. I would if the head gaskets were bad, but they are not.

Pictures to come soon

Well the thing is, Im still undecided with what intakes I wanna go with. Depending on what will bolt up ( without adapters like for the EGR ) Im deff not buying a whole 3400motor. If I was, Id be rebuiling and swapping it in!!!

But right now what Im thinking is from the 60v6 store the 3100/3400large port LIM, '96-'99 3400UIM with a 62mmTB, maybe even a 65mm TB. depends.

I will be driving west on friday.... maybe through NY. should I stop in? see a live 3400 hybrid in action?

I would not worry about 3400 heads. a port and polish of the 3100 heads would basically create 3400 heads... once the exact changes needed are determined

get a 3400 intakes and buy or fab an EGR adapter! I fabbed one!

Well if you stop by, you wont see to much of anything :lol:

Well my car is together ( the engine ) and I tore apart the other '94 cutlass's engine. HOWEVER I do believe that it is either a '95 or a '96 3100.

I will be taking off the heads from that car, however when I do the work to my car, I will not be messing with the heads. Thats much farther than I would like to go right at this point.

But right now Im looking at getting the 3100/3400 large port LIM, a 3400 UIM, 65mm TB and I guess Ill have to get an adapter for the EGR to make that 3400 UIM work. Thats basically what Im looking at.

Well if I bought everything I needed for the intake swap:

3100/3400 large port LIM

00+ 3400 plenum

65mm TB

and an EGR adapter for the 00+ plenum

thats about $600+shipping.

Thats alot of money! and for how much power? I dont know?!

That kinda seems like I could buy a 3400 for that much money.

Well if I bought everything I needed for the intake swap:

3100/3400 large port LIM

00+ 3400 plenum

65mm TB

and an EGR adapter for the 00+ plenum

thats about $600+shipping.

Thats alot of money! and for how much power? I dont know?!

That kinda seems like I could buy a 3400 for that much money.

yikes! you should have shopped around more!

Well it doesnt help that the Tb is 275.... :lol:

But I can get the small port 3100 intakes P&P for like 300+shipping but then again that still expensive. I might as well just look into a 3400 swap. For the power that Ill get compared to the price, its not worth it right now

Well it doesnt help that the Tb is 275.... :lol:

But I can get the small port 3100 intakes P&P for like 300+shipping but then again that still expensive. I might as well just look into a 3400 swap. For the power that Ill get compared to the price, its not worth it right now

I'm sure that I can find 3400 intakes with the TB for less than $100 at many places. if I go and shop. I bought both mine for 30-35 each with everything... but those were from two known bad engines.

call me sometime!