• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• Euro

• 97loudcut

oh hell that looks like a damn easy fix, new front clip, windshield, paint and it should be good as new.

it looks like that the radiator support got scratched up a little, but nothing to prevent you from simply bolting on new parts.

Doesn't look terrible. But just get your new car and fix that one as you can afford it. No rush man. I personally love your Cutlass, I think most of it is the rims and BEAUTIFUL paint on that thing.

Any damage to frame/radiator core/etc?

Nope. Just a couple scratches...

Its a real easy fix, just takes some time to get all the parts together and get everythig painted.

yeah they did total it out.

As nof right now, Ive got the condensor, radiator, fans, all the lines and hoses, the light assembly, and the air damn in right now. Im starting to run out of things to do without paint.

yeah they did total it out.

As nof right now, Ive got the condensor, radiator, fans, all the lines and hoses, the light assembly, and the air damn in right now. Im starting to run out of things to do without paint.

Get it back together, working and fitting right, then take it back apart for paint.

Not his. His is old enough where it bypasses some re-cert law and I think he said he's able to get it put back on the road pretty easily.

Well, I guess the question is whether or not the title will have a salvage title.

The title will not have a salvage title with it. If anything, it will be a re-build title.

yeah the estimate was like 35xx.xx and they only valued my car at like 26xx.xx. So needless to say it was totalled. Even though there was not that much damage at all. I duno about the other states, but everything here that is repaired at the dealer, has to use certified parts ( which is bullshit ) but they end up costing like 5 times as much as another part you could use

Well heres more pictures of the progress that Im making. Right now Im pretty much waiting on paint. So in the meantime I started working on the rear suspension:

Picture%2D02%20020.jpg

Picture%2D02%20016.jpg

Picture%2D02%20023.jpg

Picture%2D02%20022.jpg

Picture%2D02%20009.jpg

Picture%2D02%20010.jpg

Picture%2D02%20024.jpg

Picture%2D02%20025.jpg

The Old radiator:

Picture%2D02%20021.jpg

The new radiator:

Picture%2D02%20015.jpg

Picture%2D02%20014.jpg

Some suspenion pictures which include my box of goodies! Trailing arms stockers and BMR, FFP coilovers, and the addco sway bar!

Picture%2D02%20026.jpg

Picture%2D02%20008.jpg

Picture%2D02%20007.jpg

Picture%2D02%20011.jpg

Picture%2D02%20012.jpg

Picture%2D02%20013.jpg

Picture%2D02%20027.jpg

Picture%2D02%20028.jpg

Perhaps when you re-certify it you should use these pictures and a write up of what you did to prove that not only is it ready for road use but the care and time you out into it has made it better than before the accident.

yeah I probably should get em painted instead of leaving them the nice rust color. But really, I just wanna get the body panels on there, and then once thats done, Ill get a hood for it and then paint the calipers/brackets. I just dont wanna have too much stuff going on all at once ya know?

Perhaps when you re-certify it you should use these pictures and a write up of what you did to prove that not only is it ready for road use but the care and time you out into it has made it better than before the accident.

Thats great idea, although honestly, I dont know if anyone would really care. I mean they just inspect it and thats pretty much it. I doubt theyll say anything, if they happen to, I can tell them what I did and Ill have the pictures to prove it!

UPDATE!!!!! REAR SUSPENSION DONE!!!

FFP Coilovers, addco 7/8" rear sway bar, and BMR tubular trailing arms installed!

All of this would have been MUCH easier with the use of air tools. However since its been so damn cold out, the compressor oil is too thick to run, therefore making me go to hand tools! ughhhh what a bitch all that was!

Picture%2D02%20034.jpg

Picture%2D02%20035.jpg

Picture%2D02%20036.jpg

Picture%2D02%20037.jpg