TGP rear suspension

Addicted To Boost

you can buy the mount seperate form FFP now, Oh and Kuntzie i don't know where you get the impression of not being able to get a quality ride out of coilovers, mine ride great, they just squeak sooooooo damn bad.

i don't know why your squeek jay.....mine don't squeak at all....u sure its not hte addco bar (do you have one?)

myt addco poly mounts squeaked horrible...so i just took some white lithium grease and smeared itn on the in side too......and just to make sure the CO's don't sqeak....i put some grease on the Upper mounts too....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted To Boost

• 97loudcut

• AWeb80

• 19Cutlass94

Sooo..... the FFP idea goes out the window. :rolleyes: What now?

How so. If you can afford them now, it sounds like they have enough parts left for 2 more to be made. Worth a shot to email Michael and see if they are still available. Who knows maybe he'd cut you a deal because he wants to get rid of them??

Nick I would just suck it up and order the FFP's now. They're great product and I like the fact that you can own a discontinued product. Your never going to be happy with anything but an adjustable rear suspension. I promise.

Your never going to be happy with anything but an adjustable rear suspension. I promise.

I don't know how you can say that! What would be the use of having an adjustable rear suspension if the monoleaf makes the car sits where you want it to and have NO desire to change it?

Nick I would just suck it up and order the FFP's now. They're great product and I like the fact that you can own a discontinued product. Your never going to be happy with anything but an adjustable rear suspension. I promise.

I would LOVE to order them now, the only problem is that I don't have enough money saved up for them just yet. I have enough to buy the first kit listed at $310, what is teh difference between the $310 kit versus the $460 kit? Just struts? If so, how hard would the $310 kit be to assemble with new struts? Do I need any special tools or anything?

I don't know how you can say that!

He can, because he OWNS a set. :lol:

Hold on a minute.... the ONLY thing the $310 kit DOESN'T include that the $460 kit does is the KYB struts, if I'm understanding it correctly?

Well, I've sent FFP a couple e-mails over the last couple days, and they are not responding. I'm thinkin they're already out. :cry:

you can buy the mount seperate form FFP now, Oh and Kuntzie i don't know where you get the impression of not being able to get a quality ride out of coilovers, mine ride great, they just squeak sooooooo damn bad.

i don't know why your squeek jay.....mine don't squeak at all....u sure its not hte addco bar (do you have one?)

myt addco poly mounts squeaked horrible...so i just took some white lithium grease and smeared itn on the in side too......and just to make sure the CO's don't sqeak....i put some grease on the Upper mounts too....

no ADDCO, i was FE1 before the coilovers, they are just sooooooo damn loud!

no ADDCO, i was FE1 before the coilovers, they are just sooooooo damn loud!

I think your the one that is just soooooooooooooooooo damn loud.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I haven't really read up on the coliovers much yet- so are you guys saying that with this kit- coilovers and struts, I can take the leafspring OUT of my car and have fully independent rear suspension? Please correct me if I'm wrong- I'm just trying to understand this.

thanks everyone

The leafspring was already fully independent. The fact that it's clamped down solidly in the middle means each side can articulate independently of the other. I don't know if you were implying it wasn't, but it's a common misconception that the rear leaf is not independent when it very much is.

Nicely said.

But on the subject, my own personal opinion is that adding coilovers to 1st gens is asking for trouble. As has been said before, the body wasn't designed for them. I am all for a junkyard run for a brand new used monoleaf. You can go to almost any u-pull-it type yard and have a few dozen to choose from.

But on the subject, my own personal opinion is that adding coilovers to 1st gens is asking for trouble. As has been said before, the body wasn't designed for them.

This topic has been beat to death....we have the same thickness of stamped steel as the second gens and 1.5 gens w/ factory Co's....i've got 20k miles of hard driving on my Co's and no problem..turbosedan had 70 some thousnad miles on his CO's and most of that was pizza delivering.....he had no problems either.

This topic has been beat to death....we have the same thickness of stamped steel as the second gens and 1.5 gens w/ factory Co's....i've got 20k miles of hard driving on my Co's and no problem..turbosedan had 70 some thousnad miles on his CO's and most of that was pizza delivering.....he had no problems either.

Actually, we don't.

I posted cutaways of the upper strut tower sheetmetal of a 95-99 body style Lumina compared to a cutaway of a 90-something 1st gen GP once. It wasn't remotely similar. Lumina had many layers of approx 1/8" sheetmetal with lots of bracing. GP just 1 layer, no bracing. The pics are probably still in a 4yr old thread somewhere.

Actually, we don't.

I posted cutaways of the upper strut tower sheetmetal of a 95-99 body style Lumina compared to a cutaway of a 90-something 1st gen GP once. It wasn't remotely similar. Lumina had many layers of approx 1/8" sheetmetal with lots of bracing. GP just 1 layer, no bracing. The pics are probably still in a 4yr old thread somewhere.

I stand corrected.