• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

• Afubar

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

I was wondering about staples too...My neighbor asked if I could replace her back window. I told her about you Afubar, lol being an older lady and doing the work yourself. :thumb: But I think she wants me to do it.

I was wondering about staples too...My neighbor asked if I could replace her back window. I told her about you Afubar, lol being an older lady and doing the work yourself. :thumb: But I think she wants me to do it.

Aw Shucks!! :redface:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow long time since i looked at this post, Im glad that i could have such a possitive impact on the vert community. To the staples situation; I originally used 1/4" staples but later used 1/2" staples and they seem to be holding great, just make sure you get the side pieces tight or else youll have a window that flaps in the wind like a bloodhounds ears. and the web site that i got my window is called aro2000.com

• 1 month later...

Well another rear window replacement gone sucessful! :biggrin: took my friend and I a little under 2 hours to do the whole job,. 95blkdout drop top, thanks for the step by step instructions, they were right on the money! :wink: The car looks 1000 times better and now I wont be embarassed to have the top up.

Well another rear window replacement gone sucessful! :biggrin: took my friend and I a little under 2 hours to do the whole job,. 95blkdout drop top, thanks for the step by step instructions, they were right on the money! :wink: The car looks 1000 times better and now I wont be embarassed to have the top up.

Your welcome bro :high5:

• 4 years later...

can you tell me when i replace the rear window do i staple it down then attach straps or the othe way? thanks

This is the way I done mine. There may be other ways but this is how C&C done it in Lawerenceville. Put the rod thru the loops and let the glass hang, then allow the top to rest on the header, put a 2x4 under the front bow on the header keeping the top raised a couple of inches. Lay the 2x4 flat. Pull the rear window curtain down over the tack strips and center. You should see a little 'V' cut out at the bottom of the window curtain, that's your center. Pull down as tight as you can. Shoot the stainless 3/8 staples in the center and work out. You have to use stainless or they'll rust out. The reason for the 2x4 is when you finish stapleing and pull the 2x4 out the curtain will be tight. Just make sure you staple the hell out of it. When you took it off you should have seen the rows of staples from Cars and Concepts and the 2" buytl tape they put over it. When you have it in place you'll have to seal it with something like that 2" buytl tape. It's buytl with a vinyl backing. When that tape is installed use a heat gun to melt the tape down while using a wet rag to push down on the hot tape.

Here's a link for the staples.

Good Luck,

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/convertible/501/1991-95-Oldsmobile-Cutlass#packages

[TABLE=class: partTable]

[TR=class: partTableRow partTableRowOdd]

[TD=class: partTableCell]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: title][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: partTableCell price][/TD]

[TD=class: partTableCell]

[/TD]