Question about Forced Air and Cat. Converter.

First off, I would like to welcome everyone to my for.. Err, no, wait, this isnt my forum is it? Damnit. Well, umm.. Hi anyway. :P

Anyway, Im new to the whole W-Body thing.. So forgive the possible idiocy of the following questions.

First, Forced Air intake. Im thinking, by removing the inside front turn signals on my 92 Lumina Euro 3.1, I could free up some space to possibly build a little Forced Air system thingy using some piping from Lowes or something. I designed my own on my old Z (240z, not z34) , Should work just fine, but I wanted to ask the guys who know the cars best.

Second, aside from the moral and legal reasons NOT to do this.. Would it hurt anything to pull my exhaust and gut my Catalytic converter? I know its bad for the enviroment.. and, illegal of course.. But.. umm, hell, i cant explain myself, I just wanna and Im too broke to buy a performance one. =]

Third, Yeah, was only supposed to be two, but I have an idea.. Hear me out here, how effective would this be:

Build a large diameter opening using some Flex-Pipe or hosing, and mount, at its base a small electric powered high flow fan. There little guys, weight about .5 pounds, used for moving air into small areas when ya gotta paint and such, gets the fumes out, then, on the other side of the fan some more smaller diameter piping leading to ther bottom and angeling slightly, so when ya start the car, the fans come on. Effectively pulling hot air out of the engine bay and dispersing it. Would lower the engine compartment temperature i think..

Keedokee folks, thats all I wanted to ask/say. Im an amatuer mechanic.. Well, im not even worthy of that term, but anyway, Im a car enthusiast who doesnt know any better, lets just put it that way. And I was thinking of these mods. I just dunno if they would work or anything. ive only been playing in cars like a year or so now so Im a newbie to the bone.. Any old hands at this who could lemme know if its safe would be nice. If i only gain 1 damn HP, I'm happy, I just dont wanna damage my engine.

Thanks for reading, later folks

John. aka Mouse

removing the cat can be a good mod. Some people lose lowend power with it. I think I did, but I had a few exhaust setups before I settled on 2.5" with no cat to dual 2.25" with straight through muffs. I gained a TON of high end power. The low end loss isn't noticeable after 1st gear because my car's never that low rpm again.

Tim

I think I'll pull the exhuast soon and gut the Cat then. I'm not gonna remove it totally, not yet, but Ive gutted a few for friends, not a big deal all in all. =]

Thanks for the info though man, I appreciate it much. Ill let ya know how it turns out.