• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• AWeb80

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

update!

the motor and trans are offically out of the car, was just waiting for my dad to get back from cuba so i could get some tools/ hoist.

next up removing the steering rack and subframe and getting the subframe powdercoated

heres a pic of the engine bay now.

emginebay-empty.jpg

damn thats a clean firewall....

dont mind that messy wiring over there either lol...

i want a powdercoated subframe..... looks like you're making good progress!

black powdercoat of frame and control arms is about 140 bucks, not a show grade finish like rims or somethnig though, but i could get it 100% perfect for around 250 (any colour aswell)

well i got a couple of parts in the mail yesterday.

Comp cam LS6 Valve springs/ retainers

IMG_0654.jpg

GTP Injectors flow matched and tested at 34.89- 34.96 #/ hr

IMG_0656.jpg

and for whats its worth... this is my stock driverside output shaft... ya that was so 2006 :wink: once my new output shaft somes in you will see what im talking about (the smaller side currently conects to the axle/ bigger side to the transmission

IMG_0657.jpg

no i didnt see your posts on tgp forums edit nevermind ya i saw them and posted in your threads already.... didnt realize your username over there.

theres gunna be some pretty pimp TGPs soon

update:

got my 3" mandrel bent piping today, camera battery is dead but illl get pics up soon. i also bought all new gaskets today aswell.

im gunna do Complete 3" exhaust all the way to the rear

now i just gota buy some v-bands, 1 more J bend thatts 2.5" for the upper charge pipe, some more DHI exhaust wrap and just a few other things

also im undecided on going with the screamer pipe or dumppipe for the external wastegate.. any suggestions/ comments on this?

Is that all the bigger injectors you are going to run? Just wondering i know you have a awesome 30lbs chip out there that i have yet to try and heard it is good for about 8 psi on a 3400? Just wondering why you don't try to jump up to 42lbs injectors?

Also if you get your new chip done is there a chance i could get a copy of that one to try in my car. I have some 36lbs injectors laying around from a syclone/typhoon that i could try.

Good luck on the build it should be interesting to see if you can catch up to us turbo cavy nerds! :biggrin:

Is that all the bigger injectors you are going to run? Just wondering i know you have a awesome 30lbs chip out there that i have yet to try and heard it is good for about 8 psi on a 3400? Just wondering why you don't try to jump up to 42lbs injectors?

Also if you get your new chip done is there a chance i could get a copy of that one to try in my car. I have some 36lbs injectors laying around from a syclone/typhoon that i could try.

Good luck on the build it should be interesting to see if you can catch up to us turbo cavy nerds! :biggrin:

i dont burn chips./ dont have a burner

• 2 weeks later...

i dont burn chips./ dont have a burner

z24turbo93, I can burn a chip for you if Kuntzie will give my the binary file. I can even change the injector constant if you would like. :cool:

what he said ... he is my chip man.... skalor ill send you your modified for j-body use chip shortly

also update you want?

alrigiht the bottom, is is now done including the camshaft is installed. i painted the block with HI heat Aluminum colured Paint.

the heads valve guides have been cut down so theat a larger cam can be installed later.

the turbo will be in this week

headers with t4 flange and flange for 50mm wastegate are being custom made

i bought a 3400 starter

i get pics of the block up shortly

i decided to slam my coilovers last night... heres the results

VIDEO

th_Movie_0004.jpg

here is a couple of pictures

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg