PISSED!

chadz34

Well as you all know I had my headgaskets done and the dealership said it would be good as new when I got it back. So now I get it back and it's doing the same thing. When I had it there every cylinder was missing, and now that the headgaskets were done only one is missing and it's cylinder number 4's wire. I am soo fucking mad becasue the wires looks fine but the electrode inside is shot. They aren't even a year old yet. Oh well 205 bucks for wires isn't that bad. :evil:

Oh well 205 bucks for wires isn't that bad.

HOLY SHIT!

I just got some taylor race wires (10.3mm) and they're only 100bux. You have to custom fit them though. Good lord, 205. :willynilly:

ecit- for the camaro, dont know if 2 less cyl makes it more expencive :lol:

So I'm assuming since its the wires you can't blame the dealership for it?

Well, I linked a brand new set of wires on ebay for you about a year ago, and you never jumped on them.

$181 (current going rate for CAD/USD) for wires? Dude, you better learn to start working on your own car. This is getting ridiculous. Spark plug wires are one of the SIMPLEST fucking things to do. I'd strongly, and I mean STRONGLY consider selling that car for a 4-banger of some sort. You can't get any easier than that.

That is.. unless you enjoy getting raped for cheap parts/simple jobs.

*cough* NAPA Mileage plus wires part number 3127 $41.89 *cough*

I just bought the NAPA wires yesterday and put them on. They had a sale where if you bought anthing over $25, spark plugs were .99 cents. The total was around $43. I had the same wires on before and had no problems with them.

are you 100% positive that the electrode isn't broken right at one of the ends? If its broken at the end, it may be possible to repair it rather than replace it. It would be a lot cheaper than 205$

DOHC wires are expensive for good ones.

I got Autozone wires for $32 and less than a year later they were going bad. So I bought Napa wires for $95. As far as I know Shaun still has those wires on the car.... GM wires from the dealer are ~$150. Not cheap.

$181 (current going rate for CAD/USD) for wires? Dude, you better learn to start working on your own car. This is getting ridiculous. Spark plug wires are one of the SIMPLEST fucking things to do. I'd strongly, and I mean STRONGLY consider selling that car for a 4-banger of some sort. You can't get any easier than that.

That is.. unless you enjoy getting raped for cheap parts/simple jobs.

I will be putting the wires on myself man, it's 205 for me to have the wires in my hand!

I paid less than $40 with shipping for Taylor Spiro Pro wires from Summit. Either way, I think everyone agrees that either your dad is awesome & doesn't have a problem spending money on cars, or you need to figure some shit out on that baby.

How old are your coils? If the coils are no longer sealed they will start to corrode the wires. I had battled with bad wires for about a year until the coil started getting worse and was arcing. It was always one wire that got bad.

DOHC wires are expensive for good ones.

I got Autozone wires for $32 and less than a year later they were going bad. So I bought Napa wires for $95. As far as I know Shaun still has those wires on the car.... GM wires from the dealer are ~$150. Not cheap.

it is hard to find a decent set of wires for the DOHC, i got some borg-warner ones about a year ago and i really do not like how they fit at all. i may end up biteing the bullet and getting ones from the dealer, then again i do not pay anything resembleing list price. :cool:

but i mean i remember the last time this was brought up tony linked you to new delco (or was it magnacore?) set on ebay for like under $60 shiped.

i guess the only explination i can come up with is that where you live they multiply the price by $Texas.... or you don't shop around.