slick

Yeah, im getting gibberish too from 88-91 Grand Prix. Although, the 92+ works.

Just like random letters and numbers? I'll talk to Shaun about checking it out on his end of the server, if it's bad on his end, then I'll redownload it and send it his way for updating.

Yeah, im getting gibberish too from 88-91 Grand Prix. Although, the 92+ works.

Same thing here..

Odd... the one I had downloaded onto my computer is fine. Must have had an error while sending it to the server.

I'll look into it.

SWEET POST CHRIS

too bad i've done everything speaker wise.....LOL

btw, I could NOT get my 6x9's out teh top of the rear deck....I had to take the seat out and take the rear deck out...

no big deal...just an extra 15 minutes....

SWEET POST CHRIS

btw, I could NOT get my 6x9's out teh top of the rear deck....I had to take the seat out and take the rear deck out...

IIRC, doesn't the downloadable link that I posted say the same thing?

SWEET POST CHRIS

No, it says you pull the 6x9's out through the rear deck.....

...there was no way I could get to the back 2 screws....the holes didn't even come close to lining up...had to take the rear deck out....

...it was ok anyways...the plastic base the speakers sit on didn't sit tight against the metal deck and rattled....drove me INSANE....

..so i just relied on the trusy old tire innertube...cut it up, and put pieces between the plastic and metal....no rattling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

SWEET POST CHRIS

No, it says you pull the 6x9's out through the rear deck.....

...there was no way I could get to the back 2 screws....the holes didn't even come close to lining up...had to take the rear deck out....

...it was ok anyways...the plastic base the speakers sit on didn't sit tight against the metal deck and rattled....drove me INSANE....

..so i just relied on the trusy old tire innertube...cut it up, and put pieces between the plastic and metal....no rattling.

Yeah, thats wierd. The guide says just to remove the grills, but we all know that you can't do that. Anyways, yes, remove the bottom cushion, then the seat back, then bend up or remove the rear deck. You will probably have to loosen the rear side panels if you want to remove the rear deck.

• 2 years later...

any one have anything for '04-08 Grand Prix? ....I want to put the stock deck back in for now but don't want to break anything.

You won't. Dash pieces are super easy to remove in 3rd gen gps.

Just pull off the center bezel, and you have full and complete access

any one have anything for '04-08 Grand Prix? ....I want to put the stock deck back in for now but don't want to break anything.

Yup the bezel just pops off. Not even any screws. You have to pop off the plastic trim piece around the key cylinder to.

Yup the bezel just pops off. Not even any screws. You have to pop off the plastic trim piece around the key cylinder to.

Forgot about that, He's right. But that's just as easy

Anyone know if there's anything special about a '98 Intrigue with Bose? Speakers wire up the same?

The Metra website just lists a standard harness part # 70-2001. Usually the Bose systems need a amp integration harness. But it doesnt list one for this car. You may need to run speaker wires back to the amp and bypass it if you have no audio.

Oh yea i forgot to mention that. Most times that doesnt work with Bose though. Usually the speaker wires are low level going to the amp and regular speaker wires coming out of the amp going to the speakers. Worth a shot though since bypassing the amp will likely be a pita.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Any idea on the size i need for the door speakers from a blose system, 93 Z34? I think 5.25 but not sure. Is there clearence issues i should watch for?

they are like 2.25 or something stupid small. been years forget exactly what.

IF you are keeping the system functioning you need a low impedance speaker like a 2ohm kappa or something like that

if you are just using the door cards to mount aftermarket speakers behind then you'll have to devise your own mounting as the bows system has enclosures that screw to the door.

I once crammed some 5.25 Infinity Refrences in the doors of my old z34. anything but a proper install though. anyone who cared about audio woulda cringed.

No i dont need the bose audio. im using the mount to mount speakers and im wiring in a set of after markets in. Therefore, i should i have a 6 speaker sound system. :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...