• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• GutlassSupreme

you obviously have only ever heard of w-body then and only bee naround people with w-body. go dow nsouth and see how kjma ny people are putting daytons on there caddilcas and lincolns still, wire wheels are as in now as they were if not more.

so in otherwords, hillbillys and hicks? :lol: I'm really not trying to bash what you want to do, but I just don't see how that can look good, to me it just screams something you would see in mexico

what do you mean pick? they come stock with the 5 spokes or sawblades. I have 19" 5 spokes, but they don't look anything like the stock ones

I know not everyone like them, and that's ok, and I know I need smaller tires, which I will get when these wear down enough

IMG_0083.jpg

1990-very early 92 got International pie wheels and x-laces.

hahaha I've never heard them called that! I always liked my pie wheels, but now I like them even more.

anyone know how much these pie wheels ru nfor and what models they came on? Im looking for some new 'mesh' style wheels to paint the "mesh" part black with a nice lip on it.

Well, here I am. Now an owner of a W-Body. I have been searching for a car for about a year. Had nothing really in mind, but I have a pickup, so I had good transportation. Looked at everything under the sun. Fords, BMWs, Audis, Volvos, you name it, I looked at it. Price from $500 all the way up to $10,000. I was paying cash, so I just wanted a good set of wheels.

Two weeks ago I ran across an ad for a '93 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertable. Picture looked great and the mileage was under 57,000! I couldn't believe it. I went out to look at it. Guy couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and just wanted to sell it. It had a miss. Ran like crap and sounded even worse. Gas mileage was more that of a tank. I started it up and right away knew what it was. One of three things. Vacuum leak, distributor gone bad or bad plug/plug wire. He wanted $5,000 for it. I knew it was worth at least that and Kelly Blue Book said $5,300.

Walked away with it for $4,000. What was wrong? Spark plug wire had come apart at the plug connector. The connector was still attached to the plug. With the DOHC, there are some long plug holes making it very difficult to get out, but went down to Sears and got the extra deep well 5/8 and out she comes. In go the new Bosch Platinum Plus 2 and Bosch Double Silicone wires. Now when I start her up, she purrs like a kitten and when I step on the gas, she roars like a lion.

The top is in excellent condition with the exception of the back window. The bottom has come loose from the material. No biggie. I am actually going to take the entire top off and sew in new velcro pieces to the headliner and re-attach the window to the top using high grade epoxy and a clamping system that I will rig up.

My knowledge: I can fix just about anything. I have two sewing machines which I can do trimwork, leather and upholstery. I can't do much in the way of fabrication...yet. However I have had much expierience with fiberglass boat repair (ran a 40 footer into rocks at 40 MPH). I am an electronics technician and computer technician/engineer. I am an eBay "master" and can find what I want at a price that would make the most frugal shopper cry. I have an large knowledge of sound wave forms and how to properly amplify and direct them. In other words, I can build a killer sound system with very little money.

This is my daily driver and my project car all in one. I have the pickup, so I have no problems putting this up on jackstands for a few days, however I do need to replace the pilot bearing in the transmission of my truck before I start tearing down the Cutlass at all.

I have been reading these forums and so far have found some excellent information that I had no earthly idea about, like how to get to those stupid speakers in the dash!

Whoever created this forum, thank you, thank you, thank you! This will probably be the only place I will need to go for information from what I can see so far. I was looking for something specific the other day and couldn't find it anywhere. I looked in these forums today and found it in about 2 minutes. Hopefully, I can add to this knowledgebase for everyone to enjoy.

Again, thanks!

Don

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Another Texas 'vert owner. Welcome! Where exactly is Dalworthington Gardens?

Oh, and the easiest way to get to the front speakers is to remove the dash pad, taking care not to forget the 7mm screws at the defroster duct.

Dalworthington Gardens is a small city right between Dallas and Ft. Worth. The name is a combination of three cities names. Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington.

I am going to continue this under another thread. Makes more sense.

• 4 weeks later...

My 1994 Cutlass Supreme conv. 133,000 mi. No Mods as of yet. Ordered a new top. Charcoal Gray Stayfast canvas. waiting to experience a top install. will post the results.

DSCF0007.jpg

Thanks,

I agree and will be looking for a lip spoiler. Also thinking of Dark Gray or Granite gray color powercoated wheels to match the new top? Saving for a re-paint (original color) some day also.

DSCF0038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am Chris from Glendale, Arizona and I am soooo glad I found this site ! ! !

I am the very proud owner of a 1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme white on white with burgundy interior. I'm really looking forward to visiting this site daily to upgrade and keep my baby running in tip top condition.

3.4 liter V6

123,000 miles

20" Velocity 489 wheels

225/35-20 Wanli performance tires

Alpine CDE-9845 head unit

Boston Acoustics 4" and 6.5" speakers

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.