TGP Panel Vents Not Working- FIXED!!!!!!

Addicted To Boost

Thanks for the pictures discostudd, yeah that 3 way check valve isn't even on my TGP. That is the second check valve I've found missing in the last 2 days!!! :willynilly:

Mfewtrail- that is an excellent diagram, and yes my 3 way check valve that is supposed to be next to the cruise is gone. I just have one vac line going from the T by the vac ball. That line goes to the intake manifold. So yeah this is totally messed up.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted To Boost

• Garrett Powered

• slick

• mfewtrail

Alrighty I need the part number for the 3 way check valve. Is it the same check valve as the check valve on the tranny?

I do know that the tranny valve is #47150. Is this the same check valve in both places? thanks

Okay sweet I found them yesterday at O'reillys and I only bought one for my Tranny. Oh well I guess I'll stop by again tomorrow! :lol: Thanks!!!

Usually stocked in the "HELP!" sections at most part stores.

That's the same part I found for my parents' Cutty. It wasn't GM specific, so it wasn't identical to the stock valve...

Okay I bought my check valve today, but I have to go to the Pontiac dealership to buy some vacuum lines. I also need some vacutite couplers- can I buy these at Pontiac, or where can I go that sells them? Also I'm looking for those Energy Suspension motor mounts- where can I get these? My local O'reilly doesn't carry them. Thanks everyone.

In addition to the stuff above, does anybody know where I can buy POR-15 in Minnesota? I'd like to undercoat the TGP while I have it up in the air, replacing my motor mounts.

You buy POR-15 from http://www.por15.com.

Energy suspension sway bar(and most likely the bushing inserts for your motors mounts)- Autozone, Murray's, NAPA, etc...

Vacuum lines are vacuum lines. If you want to keep stock and have those hard lines, then JY or dealer. Hell... I don't even know if a dealer even has them anymore. IMO, i'd go with soft lines, that way you could re-route them and do a better job hiding them better than stock. Plus, every auto parts store that I have ever been to carry's the soft lines. And... I have seen hard lines at some auto parts store also.

Hey Nick, if you try NAPA or O'Reilly's ask them if they can order POR-15, otherwise like Slick said, it might be easier to get it from the site. Personally, the soft lines are better in my opinion to the hard lines not just because of the ability to hide them, but there's less risk of breaking one like we've both seen.

Okay thanx for the info! Yeah I'll check and see if my local O'reillys can order some up for me or I'll try Napa- like you said, Krenzy. I'll get my dogbones from Autozone, Slick. I'm just gonna get a couple hard lines from the dealer or an auto parts store, cuz I've never had problems with them before, and I don't feel like replacing them all right now. However, I am going to replace all of my rubber couplings with Vacutite couplings- does anybody know where I can get these? Thanks all

Okay I went to the local Pontiac dealer and asked about a hydraulic motor mount, and he said it would cost me $130 for one, and he wasn't sure if it was fluid-filled or not. I'm assuming it is, because it was the only MOTOR mount in the drawing. $130 sounds REALLY freakin high for just a motor mount! Is there any other place I can buy a hydraulic (not the rubber one) motor mount for cheaper? At the dealer, they didn't have any vacuum lines there, no surprise here, but he said he can order me a kit that includes all the vac lines, rubber couplers, and a check valve for $40, but I didn't buy that. I could only buy the whole thing as a kit, so I decided not to. He said that they don't sell couplers, so I am going to just custom make them out of small, rubber vac lines. I went to Advance and ordered my Energy suspension dogbones for $26. I'm gonna try O'reilly and Napa for POR 15 tomorrow, and I'm going to the JY to get a couple vac lines, and I am going to pull the front STB off the Cutty vert in the jy. :cool:

they sell them in the HELP! section of any auto parts store.

I would just buy one of each to start, and there is tons of different sizes. you could spend the best $30 you have ever spent on your car :lol:

and DO buy that kit! thats the vac spider. plugs in the tb. however the rubber tee on the fpr is better from vacutite. you will see. heat and grease get to them and kill the rubber.

those energy suspensions take away all dampening so washers are still your best bet, cheapest route to performance.

yea bro, get the $ back from the energy dogblones and put it towards that $130 for the motor mount. only go back to the dealer and make them give it to you for shop price. they are gougeing you guaranteed.

Ok garrett powered, I'm a little confused by what ur saying.

they sell them in the HELP! section of any auto parts store.

I would just buy one of each to start, and there is tons of different sizes. you could spend the best $30 you have ever spent on your car :lol:

and DO buy that kit! thats the vac spider. plugs in the tb. however the rubber tee on the fpr is better from vacutite. you will see. heat and grease get to them and kill the rubber.

those energy suspensions take away all dampening so washers are still your best bet, cheapest route to performance.

WHAT are you saying they sell in the help section? Buy one of each of what? Does vacutite sell a kit? If so, where can I get it? What does the Vacutite kit include? I'm not looking for performance when it comes to my dogbones, I just want a SMOOTH, long lasting ride. What is dampening?

yea bro, get the $ back from the energy dogblones and put it towards that $130 for the motor mount. only go back to the dealer and make them give it to you for shop price. they are gougeing you guaranteed.

How much SHOULD the motor mount really cost?

Help! is a brand name that includes vacu-tite. comes on pegboards. most are a buck or 2. for when you break a plastic line, the couplers are nice and tight, no zip-tie required.

How much SHOULD the hydraulic motor mount cost?

Oh BTW on my way to the Pontiac dealer, I floored the TGP, and the power totally dropped off, I thought the engine died, then it came back to life and the CHECK ENGINE light was on. I pulled over and checked my codes, it was a code 31. I looked under the hood and found the vac line that connects to the turbo next to where your K&N air filter mounts. Is this bad? Yea my rubber couplings are all cracked and bad, that was the first time that ever popped off though.

How do I do the washers method?

It has never gone to fuel cut before, because I was MISSING the check valve for my tranny, and I found a broken vac line, so the most boost I ever made over since I bought it 3 months ago is 2 LBS!! :eek: When I put the check valve on, correctly routed the lines, and put together the broken vac line by slipping some fuel line over it, I am now making like 7 LBS boost! (remember my TGP is totally stock right down to the cracked oem crossover). I heard the turbo for the first time yesterday lol!

yo, I said around a bill. like a bengie.

What are you talking about?

benjamin franklin. a hunned dolla bill.

you canadian or somethin?

No I've just never heard it called a "Bengie" before. I know what a Benjamin Franklin is. I was just having a hard time understanding your different lingo.