I am on my way out as a W-body owner :( and :)

89BuickRegalGS

I am buying a new 2003 Ford Ranger (now don't bad mouth a that hahaha) So I am pretty excited (my first new vehicle ever) but I am sad (people recognized me on campus as that crazy guy in the Regal, or they guy Pimp'in in the Regal). I am still looking for a good home for my 1989 Buick Regal GS though, it is totally a project or parts car right now. I think it needs a new head, or the head worked on, or somethin'.

I will truely miss this board when it comes time to leave... But I have a question, anybody here own a Ranger? and if so, are there any boards out there like this one for Ford Rangers?

Good luck with that ranger. Even though I would never consider buying one I think the rest of Fords truck line up looks pretty good. But to me Rangers and there Mazda counterparts look like the most undurable trucks made. The only small truck I would consider buying is a Dakota.

my Mazda would've lasted longer if the previous owner took care of it.... btw, the Ranger is the crappier version of the Mazda pickup ;)

good luck with it though :D

Way to encourage him :lol:

Hey just get another W later on when you wanna play around.

Hey you in ALBERTA? (i am refering to the post above mine)

where at?

But I have a question, anybody here own a Ranger? and if so, are there any boards out there like this one for Ford Rangers?

I worked on a ton and this is my input.

* Grab the 4.0L V6, you'll be happier with it.

* mate that with a 5-speed; the auto trannys that have been coming in are wearing out and need changing of fluid more often that whats required. Plus, there's a ton of power loss and lag after time... it's not a fun thing!

- RedFox340

I tried to make it sound good... but I have this inherant dislike of fords.... ever since that Bronco II smoked me in the head (about 4 - 6 years old... can't remember...) and yeah, make sure you get the 4.0 ;)

EXT cab is only needed if you want to haul more than 1 passenger comfortably, :lol:

and I reside in Grande Prairie

my Mazda would've lasted longer if the previous owner took care of it.... btw, the Ranger is the crappier version of the Mazda pickup ;)

good luck with it though :D

Actually Ford makes the Mazda.

I think the Mazda front end is better looking, but the Ford's bed looks better.

Also, Mazdas are cheaper even when equipped the same.

My sister has a '98 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab 2WD, 4.0L V-6 and a 5-speed stick. What a kick ass truck! Ford builds bullshit cars, but their trucks kick ass. Trust me, I've worked on heavy equipment and I know my way around trucks. I don't know how Ford's newer Rangers are but I know that the previous model, similar to that of my sisters, is a kick-ass truck! Just stay away from the four cylinder models!

I am buying a new 2003 Ford Ranger (now don't bad mouth a that hahaha) So I am pretty excited (my first new vehicle ever) but I am sad (people recognized me on campus as that crazy guy in the Regal, or they guy Pimp'in in the Regal). I am still looking for a good home for my 1989 Buick Regal GS though, it is totally a project or parts car right now. I think it needs a new head, or the head worked on, or somethin'.

I will truely miss this board when it comes time to leave... But I have a question, anybody here own a Ranger? and if so, are there any boards out there like this one for Ford Rangers?

Actually Ford makes the Mazda.

I think the Mazda front end is better looking, but the Ford's bed looks better.

Also, Mazdas are cheaper even when equipped the same.

I know, but, I raced a similarly equipped ford ranger, (same year, engine rating, same condition), we were both about equal for shifting ability (well.... he was probably a little better...) and mine whooped his arse, I had him by at least half a truck length

I dunno... mebbe I had a freak truck... (it could beat a short box, single cab Chevy 1500 off the line, if it was an auto, and if it was a standard, keep even with it) ahhhhh... good old B2600i :twisted:

Hey, sorry to jump the post, but either of you Alta guys going to Stage 13?

sorry... can't do it this year, gotta pay for stuff...

Well, my dad has a 1998 2.3 with the manual. It hauls pretty good, but only because it has a stick. I am looking at 3.0, but only cause its in my price range. And unfortunetly, an automatic... its teh only thing my girlfriend knows how to drive.

Good luck with that ranger. Even though I would never consider buying one I think the rest of Fords truck line up looks pretty good. But to me Rangers and there Mazda counterparts look like the most undurable trucks made. The only small truck I would consider buying is a Dakota.

hey now...nothing wrong with Rangers! my buddy has one with a Cobra 302 in it and it's a mean little truck. Rangers are hella durable. my friends and i beat the crap out of them, and they still cruise around like nothing happened. one more thing...for the record, the Dakota is not a small truck, it's a mid-sized one! :lol:

I know Dakotas are not as small as rangers they also look like they can take alot more of a beating and have an avalible V-8. Rangers look really fragile, I'd be afraid to use it for anything more then just a people transporter.

I know Dakotas are not as small as rangers they also look like they can take alot more of a beating and have an avalible V-8. Rangers look really fragile, I'd be afraid to use it for anything more then just a people transporter.

well...for the record...rangers CAN take one hell of a beating. if i could find space, i'd post a video of my buddy in his little 4 banger ranger....not only would you laugh hysterically, but sit in awe as you waited for the frame to snap in half.

I've hit a pole, going 70km/h in reverse, NO damage AT ALL to my truck, and, due to playing cat and mouse, with a WHITE car in the SNOW who stopped just at the critical point of a blind turn... I rear ended him (only going like 20km/h, but still) and the rear of his little nissan Sentra was molded to my bumper.... and again, no damage to my truck... they are durable little machines, as long as you do regular maintenance on them, the previous owner didn't... when I got it, the transfer case was about 4 quarts low, the rear diff was about 2 quarts low, and the engine oil dipstic was bone dry. needless to say.... about 7 months later, my rear-end died on me (as a front wheel drive, it handled better than my bros 91 prix... I think my bro needs a serious tune up...)

I just got rid of my '93 S10 4x2 pickup a few weeks ago. I hauled stuff that I didnt even think I could with it. I had over a ton of topsoil in the bed a few times and I fit a cut up 28' pool in it to scrap it (all the posts and sides).

I bought an '89 S10 4x4 as a beater and Im sure it could haul quite a bit if the bed wasnt so rotted out (Im trying to find one). I pulled a tree we cut down across the field with it.

Both trucks have 2.8's. Im sure that with a 4.3 theyd be able to handle even more use and abuse.

The '93 had 149k on it and my '89 has 148k and both are running strong still.

If I was you i would keep my Regal so you will have something to drive when that Ranger tears up.Ford makes ok V8s but when it comes to the V6 thing their lost.Even their 4cylinder is fine just say no to their v6.

well, I found a ranger, 2003 XLT v-6 automatic, drives awesome, handles good, i picked teh ranger because my dad is now on his second one and we have never had a problem with them, ever... my friends s-10...well, something new is wrong every week (including one week were his hood latch snapped and the hood flew up on him). The truck is beautiful, but I am gonna miss my buick.. but I still need to sell it.