Transmission cooler questions

Heza

ok...i tried searching the forums, but too many other subjects came up. anyone who has a 4t60e/4t60 transmission with a cooler...what kind of transmission cooler did you use and where did you mount it? my buddy back home says i have one i could have, but i think it might be too big. anyone's help would be appreciated. thanks!

• 2 months later...

My old Cutlass had it stock from the factory. The radiator and tranny cooler were interconnected.

However, when I bought the car, there was another cooler (about 6" x 9") that was bolted in front of the radiator.

The mini cooler lines were taped into the existing cooler lines on the car and routed with 3/8" gas hose.

- Erik

same with mine, it's integrated into the rad. sits behind the A/C condensor.

i know it's integrated into the radiator...but no...not as effective as an actual screen that sits on front of the radiator.

if i remember correctly from the tranny shop i worked at they offer a tranny cooler the radiator fluid goin threw it to try to keep the tranny fluid at 175 it is also tapped into the lines that go to the radiator but they are hard lines and not soft

i have also seen stand alone coolers where the tranny fluid did not go into the radiator at all but it had Fuel line that the tranny fluid made brittle and broke so i would go with steel line

both these are mounted infront of the a/c cooler or radiator so it gets fresh air i would get either one

hope this helps