Trying to figure out where my oil leak is coming from (pics)

BCM

Well, from the way it sounds, the FRONT main oil seal... They tend to leak after some miles... Parts stores sell a new seal and repair sleave for it since it typically happens because a groove gets worn on the crankshaft... And this comed from somoone who sells parts for a living :wink: I've sold several of them within the part year...

Just pull your wheel off and look if the harmonic balancer is coated with oil or not... That will give you a better idea

Well, from the way it sounds, the FRONT main oil seal... They tend to leak after some miles... Parts stores sell a new seal and repair sleave for it since it typically happens because a groove gets worn on the crankshaft... And this comed from somoone who sells parts for a living :wink: I've sold several of them within the part year...

Just pull your wheel off and look if the harmonic balancer is coated with oil or not... That will give you a better idea

I have no clue what that is :lol:

Brad, last chance. I'll give ya $1,744.20 for it !!!

That's it? lol

I would sell it to you, but I have to have a car for the time being...If I get a new car soon I'll sell it to you if I can, rather than trading it in.

Cuz I know you'll fix it up :wink:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say rear main seal?

Nice try.

That would be obvious to see oil leaking from the front.

However that is a good start . . . .taking off the wheel.

:rolleyes:

I love INTRIGUES !!!! Did you know that the cars equipped with the Precision Control System have a higher first gear ratio it's 3.29 :1 with PCS 3.05:1 without it. I need to get a PCS car to see what she tops out at with the H rated tires and the Autobahn package.

did you fix the problem yet? mine leaks like that in the same location(for the most part) and i know its two different engines, but mine leaks from the drain plug..the drain plug washer is shot.

I love INTRIGUES !!!! Did you know that the cars equipped with the Precision Control System have a higher first gear ratio it's 3.29 :1 with PCS 3.05:1 without it. I need to get a PCS car to see what she tops out at with the H rated tires and the Autobahn package.

Well, my car no longer has H rated tires on it. :sad: Finally got some new ones

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,50160.0.html