Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to say?

STE1991GrandPrix

How do I get in?  

1. 1. How do I get in?

• Shatter a back (not rear) window.
    • Call a locksmith
    • Slim Jim (anyone have one I can borrow?).
    • Hanger.
    • Shatter a front (door) window.

break nothing. Many police departments will assist is reentering a locked vehicle. They use a air bladder that they slip between the door and frame and inflates to widen the gap. they they reach inside and unlock the door with a rod.

IF you must break a window, break one that moves... not one that will have to be glued in place. thats to say door glass. It is much easier to replace a moving window rather than the rear corner glass, which may still not be enough to get you inside.

Go for the Hanger. I've used a hanger many a time to get into a car. These may be harder because the lock goes sideways, all the ones I've done are the pull up and down locks so I dunno

Take proof of ownership w/ your VIN number listed to a local GM dealer and have them cut you a new set of keys. I forget what they charge, but it isn't very much on our old style keys...

Coat hanger to hit the power unlock button, which should be easy on a GP. If you need something more rigid, use a fixed mast antenna.

So, if you dont like radio......you've killed two birds with one stone!

well first off HAHA...ive done this once. and it was at a rest in Northern Indiana an hour and a half away from home(coming home from the Michigan w meet last june actually)

i had to call a tow truck and he used a wedge on the top of the door, then stuck a long pole to move the lock to unlock. TOok him an hour to get there, but like 10 seconds to get the door unlocked. $35 later

Get a buddy and try to wedge the door open a little bit, and then get a coat hanger or attenna. That's what Ken and I did when we locked the key's in the Cutlass.

That happened to my dad in his old gp and it didnt have power locks. We wedged open the passenger door a little, then twisted together about 2 or 3 coat hangers, then fished his keys out. It was quite hilarious

I called my grandfather this morning, and he told me he had AAA. We have the keys out now... I don't have the power locks its just the LE model... manual everything, shit i'm suprised the winshield wipers aren't manual :lol:.

Eric

Late response, you've already got the keys out, but just thought I'd ad that if it doesn't work to hit the lock button with a wire, I've had good luck with popping the handle on the pillar, undoing the lock rod and unlocking the car. Costs you a 25 dollar door handle, but that beats the 45 dollar locksmith charge.

But he has a 4 door...

Dah yeah brain fart. I saw STE and thought 2 door for some reason. But the principle should still work on a sedan.. it's a cheap replacement, but there are much easier ways around it.

i have a little plastic key that i keep in my wallet....came w/ the car....

Yeah, I've got a blank one of those. I would love to find out where I get one cut for my car!!!