Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to say?

STE1991GrandPrix

How do I get in?  

1. 1. How do I get in?

• Shatter a back (not rear) window.
    • Call a locksmith
    • Slim Jim (anyone have one I can borrow?).
    • Hanger.
    • Shatter a front (door) window.

since this is all solved anyone remember that guy who locked the keys in his winter beater Lumina...so he kicked out the tail lights and removed the trunk lock cylinder, and was able to unlock he car from the trunk pass through?? lol

At work we use a Plastic Wedge at the top of the door. If it has a battery in it we just hit the Unlock button. with an internna. If you can get one of the wedge blocks I say go for it if not don't even mess with it and call someone to do it for you. Or it's going to cost you alot more money.

The same thing happend to me with my Monte the first day I got it. I was putting my Stereo in and the keys were still in the ignition and my boy locked the door and shut it. Luckily my trunk was still open and I just grounded the wire for the Keyless entry in the trunk to get it open.

i have a little plastic key that i keep in my wallet....came w/ the car....

Yeah, I've got a blank one of those. I would love to find out where I get one cut for my car!!!

any hardware store should. I know in IL we have ACE hardware, and they have a key cutter. Just take a cut key of your car with you..and they should do it

i have a little plastic key that i keep in my wallet....came w/ the car....

Yeah, I've got a blank one of those. I would love to find out where I get one cut for my car!!!

any hardware store should. I know in IL we have ACE hardware, and they have a key cutter. Just take a cut key of your car with you..and they should do it

Cut plastic though?

oh i didnt know it was plastic...what's it good for then?

You carry it in your wallet, and its a key, it's all one piece. So if you lock your keys in the car you can use that.

Here's my solution (ehy look I'm posting!):

Run around yelling for a while

Get pissed because you just walked out of F&F3 :lol:

Ask your friend for a hammer

Use next best thing, a trailer hitch (because no one wants to get cut)

Swing at such an angle that you hit with your fist anyway, cutting your hand

Go to junkyard

Buy new glass

Repeat.

Seriously, NEVER break glass. That's the worst idea ever. I've *almost* always carried a spare key in my wallet, always a real one too. The plastic ones always seem to break..

Now I have gone to the jy and hooked W cars up to a battery and when I did so, some of the ones with power locks unlocked when the battery was hooked up. This wasn't even a situation where the battery had to be disconnected for a while, I could disconnect the battery and reconnect it at any time and the locks would open. I have only tried this on 1st gens however.

Now I have gone to the jy and hooked W cars up to a battery and when I did so, some of the ones with power locks unlocked when the battery was hooked up. This wasn't even a situation where the battery had to be disconnected for a while, I could disconnect the battery and reconnect it at any time and the locks would open. I have only tried this on 1st gens however.

what? never heard of this!

A Lumina and a cutlass supreme. However I have tried it on another Lumina and it did not work. I couldn't find a grand prix to try at the time. They were 4 doors... if that has anything to do about it. I don't want to try on mine because I finally got my DIC working with the damn check fuel no longer flashing and I dont want to disconnect the battery. Hmm, I think I remember watching gone in 60 seconds where they stuck a screw driver into a light bulb socket causing a short and the lock popped open.

I have keys but don't lock my car... the driver's side lock clip got knocked off so it isn't attached anymore, and the passenger door doesn't open half the time so it's just safer to not lock it... Valueables go into the trunk... my cd case is too big to fit through the pass-through lol

If you are able to open the trunk and have keyless entry (gen1 anyways) if you connect the RKE wire to a ground it will unlock (and then lock??) your doors. Might be a way of getting in that way.