another problem

okay I am trying to get the wheels off this parts car... easy enough right? well i dont know who put these nuts on but i just broke 2 wheel whenches trying to loosen one of them... 3 of the 5 came off fine... but the lock nut i cant get to move (i dont have the key to it so I am using a hammered on 20mm socket) and the other regular nut just wont budge... after the first wrench broke i put some liquid wrench on it and gave it a heave-ho and broke that wrench too! (the part that is breaking is the socket that the nut goes into) so.. HELP!! the car doesn't run so I have considered pushing it to a service station in the middle of the night and in the morning telling them i just need new tires :lol: ... let them get em off for me.. i could use new tires anyway.

OK, first, get a garbage can and throw that "Liquid Wrench" in there. Next, buy yourself a hefty can of "PK Blaster", this shit is like Liquid Wrench on steroids. Then, spray the hell out of the nut and wait about 30 seconds, hit the nut with a wrench or something for 30 seconds, this activated the catalyst. Then, repeat this process about 3 times. Now, re-spray the hell out of it, and go make a sandwich or something. After your done eating your sandwich, try to remove the nut. It should work. If not, Find the last person who torqued it and make him untorque it with his teeth :twisted:

Anyways,

-MaD-

well as nice as this PK blaster sounds i cant seem to find any here in ohio. I have spent another half an hour trying to get a single wheel nut off without any luck any other tips out there?

i had this problem also i heated up the Nut then i used a big pole(i put the socket wrench inside of the pole) to pop the sucker off ohh yeah go slowly thats alot of torque your putting on the nutz

p.s. only one of my two Nutz came off i had to take it to a wrecker service they managed to get it off with an impact wrench after breaking a few of their sockets but it did come off by the way you live in ohio right isn't there a big Summit racing store there

:oops: Yea, sorry, it IS PB Blaster

Doh!

But the people at the store should have at least been like "PK Blaster? no, it's PB Blaster..." those assholes.... but anyways

Sorry it didn't work and it made yer hands smell like shit, but It worked honest-to-God-miracles for me and I still swear by it!

I guess the only thing you can to is find that person and make em un-torque it with their anus! :evil:

...just kidding.

-MaD-

[/b]

there is a local harbor freight and it looks like I am going to be invest in one of their wrenchs because my nice new tire iron was begining to reach uncomfortable levels of bowing. :?

Yep, it's real slow, but faster than not being able to turn the nut at all and beats skinning knuckles!

It's a weird impact wrench. Press the hair trigger and a motor inside spins up for 3-seconds then WHAM. 3 more seconds and WHAM. 2 blows of the impact is usually enough to get a lugnut free and then it spins the rest of the way off. Can't expect much for a $20 impact wrench that runs off a cig lighter jack!

However, it really worked GREAT removing the rusty nut off of the top of a strut. I remember spending half an hour with a wrench, hammer, and TORX to get those off manually. Some people have had such bad luck they had to Dremel the nut off! I would have rather spent $20 on the cheap impact wrench than to spend an entire afternoon dremeling the nut off!

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yea, I just got my Harbor Freight impact wrench about a week or so ago and...man...Taking that friggin 24mm nut off the front struts was CAKE compared to when I didn't have it. That impact wrench is a godsend, for the price anyways, AND I'm able to take a tire off in about 30 seconds!

As opposed to like 5 minutes with the stock lug nut remover thingee..

I'm definitely buying another one and keeping it in my trunk to replace my tire iron.

I'll never use a tire iron again!

-MaD-

Yep, well worth the $20. :D I saw it on sale once for $17 also! But at this price, I think it may be worth keeping one in every car. Definitely beats a tire iron and makes changing struts WAY easier.

i love impact guns :)

FYI we got the wheels off after much pain and swearing. i had to drill 2 of the lugs out on the back left wheel because the stupid lugnut and lock rounded off. thank god for snap-on drill bits and dewalt 18v drills.

You may want to put two lug nuts back on the wheel on either side of the one you are having trouble with. Aluminum rims are known to flex and if you do not loosen the lug nuts evenly, just like when you tighten them they will torque offset. Put two lug nuts back on and torque them to 100-110ft/lbs and then go after the one you are having trouble with... 8)

You may want to put two lug nuts back on the wheel on either side of the one you are having trouble with. Aluminum rims are known to flex and if you do not loosen the lug nuts evenly, just like when you tighten them they will torque offset. Put two lug nuts back on and torque them to 100-110ft/lbs and then go after the one you are having trouble with... 8)

that is interesting as well and good info to store in the memory

Monty