Found the HUD harness!!!

DropTopOlds

Now that I've found the HUD harness, how do I get the dash pad off? I've got the gauge cluster bevel off, and I've unscrewed two screws under the glove compartment box, one screw on either side of the radio, and one to the left of the light switch... all that and the dash pad seems "stuck" at the rear... I don't want to force it off or anything...unless that's how it has to be. How do I get the dash pad off to cut it and hook up the HUD?

Thanks

you'll need to remove the middle vent cover towards the windshield, at the "rear" of the dash. Then there's another piece of plastic in there, take that out and it'll expose two 8mm screws. The passenger's one is about where the right of the glove box starts, and the driver's side is about where the left of the steering wheel is. unscrew those, and that should be everything.

-MaD-

OK.... I hooked up the HUD unit to the harness... and nothing. Could it be that I don't have the dimmer switch plugged in (where does it plug in? I'm going to the junk yard right now to get a new HUD unit (from a bonnie) and the cable and all. I hope the cable fits from the bonnie to the Cutlass. The bonneville is a 95 or below SSEi. Anything else before I go tot he junkyard for the HUD?

Is there anything I haven't done?