cutlass probs electrical

rockfangd

i have an electrical problem. 1994 olds cutlass supreme s 4 door sedan. my ac compressor works but the 2 prong connector has ground but the positive side never has power ever, the only time it kicks on is when i run a wire to the positive side wire direct. anyone know where the wire comes from that goes to the positive side of the compressor the pos is green. all relays and fuses have been checked numerous times

and also my feul is just the opposite, i can disconnect my f/p relay and fuse and the car will just keep running i have driven it for over a week without the fuses and relays for the f/p. are these common probs probably not because it is my car lol. thanks :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: my car is possessed. oh yeah not digital climate control. dont know if it is possible to convert. i dont like the manual one but i tried the digital one and it had all electrical connectors and mine has half elec and half vac. thanks

The PCM sends a signal to activate the AC compressor, only if the pressure in the system is at an acceptable level. This is so you don't do any damage to the compressor if the refrigerant level is low.

Check to make sure you have sufficient refrigerant in the system before proceeding...

thats good that it poses as a safety. i didntknow that. i think it actually be a clogged accumulator because the system is fully recharged but does not work

the relay is on the passenger side front. check if it is alright and not corroded.... perhaps try a new relay.

WHen i service the AC system, I use a relay which I removed the cap from, and manually trigger it with a toothpick.

interesting. i will have to try that. i know the relays are all brand new. because i have been trying to repair the other electrical mishaps lol. thanks