Lumina projector... SOME PICS-ONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-HIDS INSTALLED

dohc v6

hmm, this is rather interesting, how close are Lumina and 1st Gen Grand Prix headlights, my TGP ones suck nuts....I would love some killer projectors. Our TSX is SO nice driving at night.... :mrgreen:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• slick

• z34_nut

• Dirty Rockstar

i'm ordering mine tonight, so that means u need to help me install them chris! I'm sure the route i am going is going to be cheaper also. :twisted:

What route is that? Making blank panels with circles cut out and using projectors for low and high? Am I close?

i'm ordering mine tonight, so that means u need to help me install them chris! I'm sure the route i am going is going to be cheaper also. :twisted:

What route is that? Making blank panels with circles cut out and using projectors for low and high? Am I close?

No, I just sent you a PM though.

Well I have them all set up. Just about to put everything back together and mount the projector and will be done. I was waiting till friday to get my parts. I got them also i am waiting for the digital camera. My fathers got it in n/j on a business call. sorry guy just going to have to wait but damn they are fucking awsome. as far as what I have

pics are comming so please be patient. These are 100% custom there is nothing easy about making hid projectors fit in a older headlight. please be patient I am working on them. They are going to be bad ass

OK I am going to tell everybody with a lumina how to install projectors in there car and get the brighest lights. I am not quite done I have some stuff left to do but should be finished tonight.

LUMINA PROJECTOR RETROFIT- BY DOHC V6

BUY-

Two j/y headlights- ebay also a good place- 40$

Two H9 hella projectors 90mm- 200$

Two connectors for the H9-9006 Wiring harness- 70$

Rubber gasket Material- 5$

Plastic Epoxy- 20$

Headlight covers (clear)- 40$

NEED

Heatgun

Oven

Flat head screw driver

Dremel

Grinder with rolocks

RTV, Windshield sealant

Patients

1. DO ONE SIDE AT A TIME, THIS WAY YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF RUSHING AND THIS WAY YOU CAN STILL DRIVE YOU CAR

1A. Take the headlight off the car

2. Start by putting the headlight in the over for 8-10 min at 225* ALL OF THE CLIPS SHOULD BE OFF AND GO AROUND THE HEADLIGHT ONCE WITH EXACTO TO LOOSEN GLUE

3. Take the headlight out it will be hot and use a razor blade and you hands to brake the seal. DONT USE A SCREWDRIVER OR YOU WILL CRACK THE HEADLIGHT

4. With the headlight apart you can work on the lense(front cover) or the mounting of the projector

5. I started with the headlight mounting of the projector

6. Cut the old headlight out where the bulb use to go into. this way you can measure a little easier(go slow you dont want to mess up the headlight)

7. Now the projector with the cover on its 90mm. The headlight is 89. So when you cut the hole out for the projector you are going to have to cut the bottom of the headlight in. see pic

8. Now to make sure everything seals and looks factory use rubber gasket material to make it look clean.

9. OK for right now I dont have my projector screw into anything to mount it because it is so tight with the rubber if you need to mount it mount it to the headlight not the car because you can then use the factory adjusting screws

10. Projecor should be mounted

11. Headlight lense this is where it gets tricky

12. With the lense off cut the hole front of the lense off. See pic

13. You are doing this because the projector is a lense and the front cover is a lense so the light is distorted when the two are used together

14. Now you want to make the cut as smooth as possible and straight

15. Now the healdight cover is going to be your new front lense becuase it is clear and does not distort the beam. It is made of acrylic so dont worrie about crakcing from a stone or what not

16. Now you have to mold the cover around the headlight lense that you just cut.

17. Use epoxy and mold the cover to the stock headlight housing

18. Now you are getting rid of the lense for the high beam. So you can do two things.A- mold the old headlight lense from the high beam side, very hard and ulgy or B- just stick the bulb back in. It will still be bright and straight just really really bight for on comming traffic. And it looks clean

19. Thats it I probably forgot some things so check back and feel free to pm me

Couple things

1. If you leave the headlight cover off and water gets on the silver part of the headlight the chrome comes off. dont know why it just does. Very wierd.

2. To make hids with these prokectors its as simple as plugginf in h9 hids

3. will shoot some pics of the cut off tonight