• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• slick

• z34_nut

• Dirty Rockstar

It does not look good for the plastic welder. The weld makes alot of bubbles. So I am going with plan B. Going with a hole clear front cover and switching to 4 projectors. much easier.

What unit did you go with man? It may just be a matter of fine tuning.. Can I get a pic of the results? Just out of curiosity.. Where did you pick this thing up at?

i'm curious to see how these projects come out. i seriously go to bed sometimes trying to think of ways to make projector headlights for my car

Ok guyes in a couple days I should have them on my car. I took a junk yard headlight and cut the hell out of it to test with. I know exactly how to make them fit. but the highs wont fit but you are still able to use them its just they are going to be extremely bright becuase there is no lense so its just a big ass beam of light. kind of good. I will include instructions on how to do this your self once I am done but damn they make the car look like a million bucks. very nice. also they are 65 w bulbs so they are pretty bright. probably going to switching them out for hids once my car is done.

I am actually going with the smaller TSX projectors myself.. Just to make sure they fit.. What have you done as far as your shroud for the projector? The bezel? Anxious to see the pics! :willynilly:

I know! I want pics!

I want to see the method employed in getting them to fit in.. Also, as far as ballasts go, what is being used.. I am looking at a lexus koito set of slim fit ballasts.. GOnna make it all the easier for me to install in the car later :mrgreen:

Also real anxious to see what he has done about the lens.. I would imagine you need a durable poly carbonate type lens, but it also needs to be able to withstand 365 days of constant UV attention..

OK GUYES PICS ARE COMING. As far as material I am going to be using acrylic. It is uv resistant and can stand much abuse. I will post some pics of as far as i got. But until I get to the J\Y to but two headlights I am kind of stuck. I will shoot some pics up of how much to modify the the headlight mounting aparatus

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST THE JUNK HEADLIGHT I USED TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS TASK WAS POSSIBLE. I got everything I need to finish except two thing. I just need to head to the jy yard. but here are some pics to easy your mind of the suspense.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Damn, for those being non HID, those are humongous projectors. Our HID projectors we use are that size(minus the ballasts), and our non HID projectors are like half that size.

Anyways, looking pretty good so far. Glad you got an idea on where to cut, and what to modify.

Great idea..not to copy you ...but you figure it could be done on a cutlass`s headlights as well....I think I may have just found a new project....thanks dohc v6

How is a cutlass headlight any smaller then a z34 or lumina headlight?

I think they are pretty much the same size if they are a sedan or a 88-91 coupe.

James, the Cutty housings are far too small for the 90mm hella projectors he is using.. If you can find smaller ones, then maybe..

I found smaller ones...funny enough there out of 92-95 civic aftermarket projectors...it`s tight fit..but it may work

ONe big misconception with projectors. you pay for what you get. There are many different tpyes of projectors. hologens and xenon. Now factory cars come with halogen (mazda 6) but for one most of the time they do not have cut offs. so these are the crappy types. Not very good optics so not that great of light output. Now xenon projectors are ment to be used with hid (lexus,bmw) these are the projectors you want to get because they are made to be used with massive mounts of light output. Also they have a cut off. Now the projectors I got HELLAS are one of the top brands. They are not xenon but the differnect between the xenon of the same model are not much because they use a 65 watt bulb almost equavilant of a hid. So projectors from a civic aftermarket headlight are freaking garbage