My official project thread. *8/6/06 TEASER PIC!!

z34_nut

I'm not about to hack up this partular car...

As far as the wheels go, I'm going to use a CNC to cut the back of the wheel, to add more offset. I'm only going to do it on the front wheels. This way I save money and time...

Soon my pretties...soon.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• z34_nut

• slick

• Euro

• runt

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so bumper and spoiler is finally getting painted, and the wheels will hopefully make its way into the shop to be machined tomorrow...

What else? Oh, nightshade should be here at some point...

I'm not doing the berger panel BTW... I flaked out, and think it would have been a waste of money 2-3 years down the road.

So are you going to machine the back and front wheels? Or just the fronts and leave the backs how they are and just go with un-rotational wheel/tire setup?

Un-Rotational here I come!

Mostly because I want the front and rear to stick out equal difference, and I don't want to spend 3 hours just milling wheels.

I figure I'm already running uni-directional tires, and the only thing I can do is front to back. Unless I burnout or do some other seriously dumb stuff, then I wont really need to care. The tires were near new when I bought the car, and they don't show drastically different wear.

Besides, having the wheels flush with the rear is some thing no other w-body owner has... :thumb:

Besides, having the wheels flush with the rear is some thing no other w-body owner has... :thumb:

I'm going to be working on that issue soon enough....

Your z34 should look really sweet once your done with it.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I am getting my gauges very soon...

Payment was sent Jay.

Its soon yet... Wheels wont see machine time untill thursday... I was going to do it tomorrow after work, but I gotta take the car to the body shop to color match the paint.

Plexiglass is here, Nightshade is coming... finally things are falling into place...

I got my gauges in last night...

bumper comes in later today...

I need a write up on how to exactly install the oil pressure gaues and the water temp... they come with their own sensors...

I got my gauges in last night...

bumper comes in later today...

I need a write up on how to exactly install the oil pressure gaues and the water temp... they come with their own sensors...

Water temp? Like coolant temp?

Would the ODB I car even be made for ODB II... dunno I'll look into it.

If it's in the back of the block, like the 3x00's on OBD II, then all you have to do is pull a plug out, and tap it with a pipe tap.

That, and there wasn't significant changes made to the 3.4 block throughout the time it was made.

Well I'll look into it. My buddy has acess to AllData.

BTW I'm looking at ditching my Cobra wheels in favor of some lightweight 2 piece wheels...

LQ1s have 2 coolant senors. One is on the front head on the drivers side. and the other is in the LIM. The one on the head is the one used for the gauge. So you can remove that one completely without a problem.

So nightshade came in yesterday afternoon. I got payed yesterday... Tonight I pick up some curtain rods... Then I will look into a couple other things as well...

Either case...its coming along.