My official project thread. *8/6/06 TEASER PIC!!

z34_nut

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• z34_nut

• slick

• Euro

• runt

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a bunch Chris.

I started tearing the car apart today. As far as spraying the bumper cover trim. Should I just take the entire bumper cover off, or should I just mask the car accordingly?

I'm still waiting on a couple of things to come in. Sutozone pissed me off last night when I was trying to pick up a couple of intake gaskets...

Take it off. Even if being masked properly, there is still a chance of overspray. I had to learn the hard way. When it happens, it just apsolutely sucks.

the bumper cover is off, and so isn't the spoiler. I'm sending them to shop to get painted. The bumpers clear coat was just starting to go, and the spoiler has been well done.

I have pictures. but tonight is the soonest I can post them.

For reference, the Autometer electronic speedometer (any they offer) will directly interface w/a stock GM VSS. You just program it like any other sending unit for their speedometer. Hit the button, drive a full exact mile, then hit button again. It counts pulses per mile, so it doesn't matter how fast/slow you go or how often you stop. So long as you get it set to a full mile (you can always recal as necessary).

As far as the dummy lights, find the leads on the main cluster harness for what you need and use them. I don't know how many lights you want to keep from factory, but I'd just use left/right blinkers, highbeams, SES, Brake. Parking brake, you can run a new lead right from the pedal, if that's where the initial ground is made. Blinkers should be as easy as tapping into the wiring, as far as I know. SES, maybe pick up the signal wire from the PCM?

Good luck on the project! For the tach and fuel gauges, you can just use the stock wires (fuel should be 0-90 ohms). Oil/water temp is as easy as running new senders.

Did a couple more things to my engine, cleaned alot more things...

Got my plexiglass today, still waiting on gauges.

Bumper-spoiler go to the paintshop tomorrow...

One more special thing on order....and this is a big thing, its for power!

Well I got the car back on the ground, I have to wait untill NEXT week before I can get my bumpers in a shop...sheesh!

The car has never run so damn good *vids to prove it in members rides*

Either way, its much better then it ever has been since I've owned it. Idle is perfect, no hiccups, nothing...NGK Iradiums seem pretty cool.

Still waiting on my nightshade...I hope I get it saturday like I'm supposed to. I doubt it though... long weekend coming up here, and no-one at UPS is gonna care.

I also cleaned up the whole under body of my car, I noticed one of my resinators is accually polished! Wo'd a thunk it?

Oh what tlese is there... Car show on July 16th, hope to have alot of this done by then.

Like I said, I really recommend a fine toothed blade. A wood blade will just tear it all apart.

definatly...a fine tooth blade.....

i've got access to many materials too.....just ask.

Like I said, I really recommend a fine toothed blade. A wood blade will just tear it all apart.

definatly...a fine tooth blade.....

i've got access to many materials too.....just ask.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

did you do the berger panel yet?

Nope, I'm waiting for my appointment with a paint shop because I need to get my spoiler and my bumper completely repainted due to clearcoat issues. The panel will be done with some custom logo's.

Yo Kyle, any updates yet?

Give any thought on the guages as for backlighting, or not yet?

Get those other parts in yet??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm getting very impatient myself...parts were flying in, and now they seemed to come to a hault... Shipping from summit sucks... I havn't gotton my gauges yet (Geeze Jay!!) and my go fast parts are currently on hold.

Shipping from summit sucks... I havn't gotton my gauges yet (Geeze Jay!!) and my go fast parts are currently on hold.

Summit always gets shit here very quickly....but then again, I think there is a shipping center in OH....