Tire Pressure?

89GP_SE

Just wondering whats everyones practice on tire pressure. I put my pressure at 3 under the max. So my max right now is 44, so I put them to roughly 41. Is this ok practice or what?

i think putting to much air in a tire is bad since it will make the center of the tire wear out faster, and it will also exceed the max amount of pressure the valve stem can hold. Since your tires increase in pressure as they get warm, that is dangerous and can cause a blowout.

my stock size tires i run 32psi on all fours.

my summer tires i run 37psi on all fours.

Just wondering whats everyones practice on tire pressure. I put my pressure at 3 under the max. So my max right now is 44, so I put them to roughly 41. Is this ok practice or what?

Why not run them at the correct pressure? You know.. the number that GM came up with after countless hours of testing?

:lol: ok and whats that.. like I know.. I dont even know where Im gonna find that info :lol:

How about you read the max PSI on your tires and fill them up a couple PSI under the rating.

exactly what I said! LOL But he is saying to do it to GM specs.. what the hell is that

exactly what I said! LOL But he is saying to do it to GM specs.. what the hell is that

Listen to me :)

LOL my mom always told me to not even bother arguing with a girl.. so I wont. And my grandpa gave me the best advice any man can recieve.. two words.. Yes Dear.. it actually works with my gf :lol:

:lol: ok and whats that.. like I know.. I dont even know where Im gonna find that info :lol:

It's a sticker, on mine it was under the trunklid. On my truck, it's in the door jamb.

Car manufacturer's rating is the best compromise for comfort, safety, and handling for that particular car with the factory-issue tires.

More tire pressure = less lean (better handling), less rolling resistance (better fuel economy), at the expense of more center treadwear. You are safe as long as you don't exceed Tire manufacturer's max pressure.

It is actually MUCH safer to over-inflate than under-inflate. That may seem counter-intuitive, but you're actually at far greater risk of blowout by underinflating than overinflating.

It's a sticker, on mine it was under the trunklid. On my truck, it's in the door jamb.

Car manufacturer's rating is the best compromise for comfort, safety, and handling for that particular car with the factory-issue tires.

More tire pressure = less lean (better handling), less rolling resistance (better fuel economy), at the expense of more center treadwear. You are safe as long as you don't exceed Tire manufacturer's max pressure.

It is actually MUCH safer to over-inflate than under-inflate. That may seem counter-intuitive, but you're actually at far greater risk of blowout by underinflating than overinflating.

Yeah, and I know that you're supposed to go by the sticker and not the "MAX PSI" on the side of the tire, but I usually ran the GTP tires at maximum to get better mileage.

I run 34 in front, 36 in the rear....in winter I run all 4 at 32 with the same tires.....seems to give me WAY better traction with 2 psi liess lol