£5,000 Car Wash - Wax Fanatics Read!

bigshynepo

For everyone that posted in the "Wow best wax evar! ! ! ! !" thread, It seems like Zymol is the winner when it comes to priciest digs in the waxes/glazes department.

http://www.zdouk.com/detail.aspx?ID=86 <---------- £7,000 a bottle (but you get unlimited refills :confused:)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1765020,00.html <------------- The Article

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-gallery-new.html <----------- The detailers website with INSANE washed car gallery

Anyone spending this kinda money on car washes should invite me over to take a look at their W-Body Collection.

So yeah Zymöl says "Mothers Sucks, Meguiers Sucks, Zaino Sucks' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the guy is a little crazy. Although I did find the article interesting, I might print it out...

For the cost of that wax I'd rather get my car re-painted a different color every 2 years :lol:

9g's I could buy a new '01 monte and have money left over to paint it the color Id want it and to mod the engine as well.

If I wanna wax my car, it costs about 20 bucks, and thats if I didnt have anything at all.

But if you are driving a car like in the article the paint job would cost WAY more than 10 grand. Like some bentleys and exotics have like 30 coats of paint... I wish I was rich :cry:

30 coats of paint?!?! With todays paint you dont need more than a couple. Is the clear that you need alot of on the best paint jobs.

haha sorry, my typing skills today arent the best :lol:

When painting a car, you only need about 2-3 coats of paint/base. The clear coat is what brings out the color/paint. The clear coat and the treatment of how its done, determines how great the paint will look. Because the paint itself doesnt really shine all to much by itself. Its the clear coat that brings it out.

They did a story on that guy on one of the episodes this season on Fifth Gear, probably the second episode. It shows him going through all the steps, pretty insane. Worth a download, they're all on mininova.org.

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring up an older topic... but I had to ;)

They did a story on that guy on one of the episodes this season on Fifth Gear, probably the second episode.

:)

I just found it strange how he was washing outside in the sun. I mean isn't that a "no no"? Sure, I'll wash my car in the sun, dry it off afterwards.. but if I was spending $$$$$ on a wash I'd want it done PERFECT!