'

Invasion1

The shitty CD player that constantly skips for no apparent reason.

The rattles

The fact that in order to use my windows, I have to jumper the relay connection in the fuse box with a wire

The leather on my driver's seat

The "foam" on my steering wheel.

The fact that my console top is only held on with one clip because the other three broke out of their own accord (but you really can't tell)

The fact that the screen on my ECC died completely. (Fixed it. Had to resolder some resistors on the circuit board)

The shitty digital odometer/gear selector that dims out just like the ECC did (Don't know how to fix this yet)

A HUD would really complete the dash (it looks too bland and flat without it. If i ever get my hands on a '97+ GP hud/defroster plate, the regal will get it)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• Psych0matt

• 1990lumina

• IRONDOG442

In my 99 GT:

the big hole in my drivers door

the big dent in the drivers front fender

the two holes in the front facia.

Other than that pretty much just that its green and has the nasty tan interior.

In my STE:

My leaking sunroof

No keyless entry

clearcoat that peeled off the hood

transmissions that break every 6 weeks.

the T25 (want something bigger)

the stock fuel injectors

the stock crossover

14mpg around town

drivers door handle that doesn't work

the ugly light bar on the front

On my regal.

- The macco paint job on it

- Small amount of rust on the bottom of the rear quartes under the GFX

- aftermaket front fenders that dont line up 100%

- slow 1 - 2 shift

- Noisy rear suspension

- Deer whistles that were screwed into the front bumper, than painted around :rolleyes:

- Terrible job of installing the ASC sunroof switch in the overhead console

- Discoloured headliner

- Minute amount of rust color around the edge of the sunroof

- The black hood looks blotchy when the sun shines on it

- The front bumper is full of stone chips

- A/C lines underhood that rattle when the car idles in gear

- The A/C that doesnt work

I mean, the car does look very good for the milage and age.

Now for the cutlass...

- Bondo on the hood, and on the front fender that is starting to crack (Hopefully gonna be covered up by a NIB bra from Invasion1 later this month :mrgreen:)

- The rear bumper is starting to fade a bit

- Lip tail is missing a small piece on the top

- Rub along the pass. fender, and door

- Gunmetal cutlass badge missing from the pass. door, plus the glue was painted over :rolleyes:

- Small scrathes on the trunk lid

- Vinyl armrest is covered with black electrical tape

- The vents blow on Defrost when the engine is under load

- the EGR trigers the SES light randomly

- The sunroof doesnt open, sounds like there might be a stripped gear

- The factory CD doesnt work

- The Dash pad has shrunk on one side of the HUD

- The E/M switch for the HUD is kinda pissy to get it into metric

- the ECC switches between F and C randomly

- The driver window falls slightly off track when lowered more than 1/4

- The rims look terrible (Gonna be recreating the pace car rims come fall :razz: )

Thats about all i got for now

The trans isnt a 4t60E its a 4t45E and you actually have to fill it at the overflow and use a pump to fill it when its up on a rack above your head, i had it done at the service station while it was getting it's oil changed today. I usually change my own oil but I am selling this and I wanted documentation that the oil was changed. it turns out it was a leaky cooler line. that red cap isnt where you fill it.

My biggest flaws are they're both white and have 4 doors.

I'm not super happy with the paint condition on the STE, nor the headliner. Sunroof leaks. parking brake don't work. it's a lot more creaky than my Cutlass (the sound/feel that fisher price plastic gets after 16 years in the sun). It's got a few hail dents, and there's a spot on the front of the hood that's bent down a little. Little rusty underneath. Some of my interior parts are still white, and the rest is gray :\ My HUD height control lever is broken. My highbeam switch is broken. I have a huge lightbar on the front of it. All stuff that I'm working on though.

Cutlass has a few small rust bubbles/spots starting to form, but I should be able to catch them just fine. 1/4 panels fuxored, and my rear bumper looks like trash. Side of my trunk lid applique is cracked near the tail light from the accident. Front bumper has a big scrap underneath from fun in the snow. When I mounted my original Blazertech 2600 driving lights I was stupid and used the double sided tape. Of course, one day one of them fell out and dragged by the wires for half a mile. The other just flops back and forth as I drive and doesn't turn on anymore. I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet. Engine clunks like crazy when shifting/stopping because the mounts are shot. Rear pass. window motor is weak as hell and won't move when it's cold. Front pass. window regulator needs to be tightened up. Car vibrates like hell over 80. My Kenwood CD deck hates me. My motor has 140 hp. that's about it.

Hmm, where to start.

-Broken driver's rear door handle (exterior). I have a new one ready to put on, but I gotta take the glass out to do it :(

-Leaky sunroof

-Small tear in driver's seat

-Power seats that only work when I grab the harness under the seat and wiggle it (easy fix though, just no time)

-Having to use a base GP tail light harness to use the normal tails (I can swap all the plugs from the base harness to the STE harness, just need about 3 hours to set aside to cutting, splicing and soldering....oh and lots of patience)

-Wheels. This car needs some GP 5 spokes, now.

-Minor coolant leak I need to fix

-Minor p/s fluid leak I need to find

-Broken parking break

-Worn out shocks, all four

-Minor rust around door sills in the car

-Side view mirror covers need repainted and new clear coat

-Passenger power mirror only has 3 working directions of movement

-Dirty engine bay

Thats all for now.

despite decieving pics:

-dent in front valence from hitting a porcupine doing 65mph

-dent in pass. front fender from hitting deer doing 40mph

-dent in pass. rear quater that was there when i bought it

-faded front bumper

-stone chips

-sctratches from my brother's damn cat that has 2 weeks to die before this car gets painted

-the fact that NY requires a front license plate

-small rip in driver's seat

-worn out driver's floor mat

-sagging headliner which just occurred and has just been removed

-broken steering wheel center(where all the controls are mounted)

-ebrake will only work once in a while. when it does, it either pops off or sticks on

-brakes just suck in general

-repeated breaking of shift cables

Luminas got screwed with crap seats.....that's my biggest complaint.

Other include:

- warped dash pad

- bottom of driver's door is rotting (still fixable if I get off my ass and sand down to metal and repaint)

- noisy rear suspension (should be all replaced by fall)

- peeling/shitty wheels

- braking could be better

- large paint chips in hood

- many door dings

Well, I don't have a W-body. But I am around my aunt's 94 DOHC CS coupe, so I'll tell ya what bothers me and her (mostly me) about it:

-cover fell off the flip down ashtray in the dash

-the whole parking lights switch is loose

-it has an assload of miles (probably around 185 or 190k by now)

-there's numerous dents and dings and scrapes and scratches

-to keep the car going straight, the steering wheel has to be turned toward the left a little bit (this one is the worst for me)

-it runs at high rpm's (3k just cruising at like 65 or 70)

And I have to throw in what bothers me about my L-body:

-spray painted console lid (came from a blue on blue Corsica, we spraypainted it garnet :willynilly:)

-rough idle

-hole in exhaust pipe

-nasty wheelcovers (if my GTU wheels ever get here this problem is solved)

-cracked driver's side taillight

-license plate lights don't work (minor flaw, but it still bugs me)

-driver's side window crank almost impossible to turn at some points

-no frickin' power trunk or rear defroster (my car is about as base as a Beretta could be in '92 :evil:)

-rock chip right in the lower center of the windshield (been there ever since I got the car)

ok, so aside from the exterior cosmetic issues(few...but still far too many for me) i'll do some more

drivers front seat has the Fat Ass syndrome(rest of the seats are damn near perfect)

whining/bearing noise thats been there for the last 4 years

needs new plugs/wires

possible a new VSS(not sure anymore)

trans fluid change

small clear coat peel on front bumper

scratched up rear bumper

*exhales* when i wash it tomorrow ill probably find more

Aside from the fact that I don't have the upgraded DIC and HUD I'm not gonna be too picky but:

A small tear on the cover that slides over the moonroof if I want to block the sunlight.

The P/N Saftey switch is PURE EVIL

My "Low Coolant" light always being on (stupid ass sensor)

The cobra head shifter.

Thats it for now. GIve it a few more years....

TGP-

Clear coat is gone from donor hood and front and rear bumpers

Small hole in the drivers side grey leather seat, power seat controls dont work for the drivers seat only

Moon roof seal pops off if I tilt the thing up

I need more Key Fobs!!

The Trunk release button only works when the car is in the mood? wtf?

Getting GM to honor the cradle recall

6000 STE AWD

Clear coat is peeling on roof, trunk. Someone poured something on the hood that ate the paint off.

Doesnt have the proper front and rear bumper on (have new ones in storage)

dash has cracks all over it. But I have to replace the entire dash, and not just the dash pad

carpet needs cleaning badly

Im afraid my wife is going to wreck the damn thing..

Love my cars, just not sure everyone else does...

-dashpad is broken and every red light rattles like the crazy.

-IP carrier is severly broken.

-rear bumper has a few scratches in it.

-NYS requires a front license plate.

-still cant see very much at night, quadlights suck

-exhaust is starting to go, needs to be done

Not really too much at all, but that dashpad and IP carrier absolutly need to be replaced.

when it rains, I always get dripped on, and the front floor gets a little wet, but even more it gets the rear passenger floor wet. I just had to drive up to the carwash to vacuum a puddle out. Usually its not to bad, but i guess it rained hard last night :dunno:

Not enough Chrome, no hood ornament, tranny is weak, therefore limiting its towing ability, no cup holders.

still isn't licensed, needs a cat to pass emissions, needs parking brake cables to pass safety.

I hate DRL's, I want to disable them, or modify them so the front parking lights come on instread of the headlights. I hate that as soon as you shift out of Park, the doors automatically lock by themselves.

Not enough Chrome, no hood ornament, tranny is weak, therefore limiting its towing ability, no cup holders.

still isn't licensed, needs a cat to pass emissions, needs parking brake cables to pass safety.

I hate DRL's, I want to disable them, or modify them so the front parking lights come on instread of the headlights. I hate that as soon as you shift out of Park, the doors automatically lock by themselves.

Buy a truck to tow with

Pull the DRL fuse, or, if that doesn't work, jumper the switch on the e-brake so everytime you start the car after the lights don't come on - plus the auto light feature of the Canadian versions doesn't function either.

Buy a truck to tow with

Pull the DRL fuse, or, if that doesn't work, jumper the switch on the e-brake so everytime you start the car after the lights don't come on - plus the auto light feature of the Canadian versions doesn't function either.

A pick-up truck is not a practical vehicle for my needs, Are there stronger trannys made for W-bodies? Perhaps I can swap one in?. Plus we have a 91 GMC Safari van for big loads, no yet though.

Could you show me where the DRL fuse is? If I pull it, will it affect the headlights when I need them at night?

O yeah i forgot about the no cupholder thing...that really pisses me off

speaking of that, my cupholder sucks. Its broken so everytime you put a drink there, the thing slides off. But some soda got spilled on it, and its really sticky right now but now it seems to hold pretty good. Thats another thing I gotta get at the j/y! Im glad I read this thread today! :lol:

O yeah i forgot about the no cupholder thing...that really pisses me off

speaking of that, my cupholder sucks. Its broken so everytime you put a drink there, the thing slides off. But some soda got spilled on it, and its really sticky right now but now it seems to hold pretty good. Thats another thing I gotta get at the j/y! Im glad I read this thread today! :lol:

I have a few thick rubber bands around mine, keeps it nice and tight

Good to see im not the only one who is irritated with imperfections in ones vehicle

Nice posts folks :cool:

Lets see, I have to much to post. At this point, I'm more interested in restoring my car, than really making it fast. That's why I'm obsessed with getting OEM parts and fixing it.

88 cutlass

Door dings piss me off like crazy

rock chips in the hood

SLOOOWWWW asss 2.8 v6

boring automatic

the tear in my driver's seat leather (will be fixed shortly)

How high my car sits(will be fixed very shortly)

It used to be the blue interior with column shift, but I fixed that recently. Got to love black leather AQ9's!!!

Besides that I love my car. All of the flaws will be fixed sooner rather than later.