A question for Z34's about Carbon Fiber

NaiChemsya

Has anyone ever tried contacting a Carbon Fiber manufacturer to see what it would take to get someone to make hood/trunk/fenders for the Z34? If not how many people would be interested in this venture?

Talk to brianhasadd... He's been telling me about hoods for a new 04-06 GP but I'm not at home and I don't have the link he sent me. I never looked to see if they offer anything for Luminas.

The closest you'd find to that, would be fiberglass stock car body panels, but they may not be the exact dimensions.

I remember something over a year ago......someone had carbon fiber body panels made for Gen I Ws. Since the search is still down, you'll have to wait. I think the material was carbon fiber......coulda been fiberglass though. Maybe someone else will remember this.

you could get one off parts made, but prepare to spend an ass load. They did have fiberglass parts, but they were extended for drag car setup's, such as V8 and n-s engine mounting. I think either way your screwed. Hate to break the news to you, but if you want an aftermarket get a civic, if you want a very dependable couch on wheels keep your w! :biggrin:

I want the carbon fiber for weight reduction. I talked to a guy and he said that fiberglass would weigh more than stock metal. Don't know if it's true, but considering he is part of one of the largest custom shops in the area I decided to take his word for it. I figure a key thing in making my Z faster is shaving weight.

I want the carbon fiber for weight reduction. I talked to a guy and he said that fiberglass would weigh more than stock metal. Don't know if it's true, but considering he is part of one of the largest custom shops in the area I decided to take his word for it. I figure a key thing in making my Z faster is shaving weight.

Yeah, thats true with.. well anything.

These cars suffer from a huge lack of aftermarket. Just about everything that is done perf. wise to our cars is a one off, high priced custom peice. But hey, why buy a 2002+ civic for 10k or so, when you can get an LS1 f-body for the same price.... geeze [ricer]jay![/ricer]

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

Click on Catalog in the menu on the left, then scroll down till you get to 91-94 Lumina Z34. Click on that link, and it will show you the parts that they offer. Supposedly anything they offer in 'glass, they also sell in CF. The extended nose and hood won't work for you, but maybe the rear bumper and trunk lid would.

- Justin

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like this??

/quote]

the Z34 grille on a regular lumina is uglier than hell. the 1990 euro grille looks way better.[br]Posted on: March 27, 2006, 04:50:12 PM_________________________________________________Has anyone ever tried contacting a Carbon Fiber manufacturer to see what it would take to get someone to make hood/trunk/fenders for the Z34? If not how many people would be interested in this venture?

the Z34 grille on a regular lumina is uglier than hell. the 1990 euro grille looks way better.[br]

I have to completely disagree, I think the '90 euro grille is god-awful and only looks good on cars in the j/y :mrgreen:

:puke:

:bonk: LMFAO WTF!!!!1!111!

That's Don's old Euro, he had just put on the hood and hadn't gotten it painted yet....I really didn't post up the pic to have people flame his car, it is/was just an good spirited running joke...the other people were laughing at the joke, not the car :thumb:

I have to completely disagree, I think the '90 euro grille is god-awful and only looks good on cars in the j/y

Where are you findng 90' euro grilles in the J/Y? Those things are hard as hell to find. Let me know if you see any, I'm always looking for a couple spares.

I have to completely disagree, I think the '90 euro grille is god-awful and only looks good on cars in the j/y

Where are you findng 90' euro grilles in the J/Y? Those things are hard as hell to find. Let me know if you see any, I'm always looking for a couple spares.

hell i tried to sell my spare 90' euro grille for a few months on here, and NOT ONE person even PM'd me about it. so i tossed it into the atiic, i may paint it when i get my car painted, who knows.

:puke:

:bonk: LMFAO WTF!!!!1!111!

That's Don's old Euro, he had just put on the hood and hadn't gotten it painted yet....I really didn't post up the pic to have people flame his car, it is/was just an good spirited running joke...the other people were laughing at the joke, not the car :thumb:

ahh i wasnt hating on his car, I just remember when people were giving him crap aboutit :lol:

and to all the Z34 grille haters on non- Z34's........ :gr_mad: