1994 Cutlass Supreme 4 door parts?

94Ragtop

It's possible I might have a 94 Cutlass Supreme 4 door for a parts car for my 94 Cutlass Conv. The car with 120,000 mi is overheating and getting bubbles in the coolant tank so he might dump it cheap. I can use the tranny right away but not sure besides the obvious stuff what other parts I should make sure to grab before I call the junk yard. I figure the electronic stuff like sensors and the ECU are good to have around for troubleshooting. I am hoping there will be some swapable parts like door motors etc. I just don't want to throw away some hard to find stuff and so I can have a future parts reserve. Before I call the junk yard. Any Ideas?

DSCF0003.jpg

I am going look at it this weekend and to try to bring it home. Presently I was wondering what to take off for parts so I don't leave something of value behind. If I get it I will post Items you mentioned with prices per the post rules, and probably won't ask much for them. Really just want to put aside relevant parts for my conv. and get rid of the rest. The car is A Blue 4dr. I will post pictures.

if you have a scrapyard nearby, don't junk anything aluminum. pull the AC lines, radiator, condensor, valve covers, intakes, heads, and turn them in for scrap. no use giving away free money.

if you have a scrapyard nearby, don't junk anything aluminum. pull the AC lines, radiator, condensor, valve covers, intakes, heads, and turn them in for scrap. no use giving away free money.

also yank the catalletic converters, and sell them for scrap, those are worth prety good money.

Thanks for some Ideas, I might have forgot about the Cat. He sent me a pic of the engine. It seems to have a little more corrosion than mine on the throttle cable cam. I don't have the vin to check if the trans. is the same as mine, I am assuming it is. I just hope this wasn't a flood car. I might pay for a car fax if I get the vin in advance just to see.

94BlueCS3100.jpg

More pics, I am concerned with the wifes reaction when it gets towed home and I start to take it apart. I did mention it to her and it wasn't a big hit, but then again it's not in the driveway yet. I have to park it so a flatbed will be able to drag it on to the ramp after its stripped (taking wheels etc.) which means a straight shot down the driveway and not hidden from view. They would never get it out of my garage ( no room for a ramp truck to turn in to it).

94BlueCS2x.jpg

OMFG U HAVE MY RIMS!!!!!!!!!! You're only the second person to have a cutty with those. Can you take come pics of the interior and some close ups of the rims? I'm very intrigued now. :D

I drove two hours to look at the car and it wasn't what I expected. Some people don't see things the same way as I do and have different ideas of well cared for and good condition. I tend to stay away from rotted out underbodys. I just envisioned every bolt I touch on the car snaping off. I guess I am lucky not to have any rot or rust on my car, just thought it would look the same underneath as mine. OH well, I'll find another.

Hey, mine had those rims. :lol:

That car looks beautiful! If it were mine, I would at least do the head gaskets and sell it, if not drive it!

What did u do with them?

That car looks beautiful! If it were mine, I would at least do the head gaskets and sell it, if not drive it!

What did u do with them?

Actually, I just put em back on today, but otherwise, they just sit around.

Ragtop- Why does the underbody matter if you are just using the car for the trans? I'd still pick it up if the price was right, and it had some good options.

What did u do with them?

Actually, I just put em back on today, but otherwise, they just sit around.

Ragtop- Why does the underbody matter if you are just using the car for the trans? I'd still pick it up if the price was right, and it had some good options.

I agree if I just needed the trans. it shouldn't matter. I wasn't impressed when I saw the amount of corosion under the car and around the lower part of the engine. I hate rust and knuckle busting bolts. Mine is alot cleaner and the same year. I was really thinking the car would be in better condition by his verbal description and might be able to salvage electronic parts and sensors also. The computer looked corroded also. I was sort of suspisious when the picture of the engine showed more corosion than mine had and I have more miles. The cloth seats had burn dots in them the exhaust was pretty rusted. I think the guy never looked under the car and had it serviced by someone else, thinking just because he washed it and armoralled the tires it was well cared for. At least when I find the right donor car you know I wont't be passing off rusty corroided parts.