Monoleaf Pad Thread (Part Number and HowTo Inside)

GP1138

So, I hear about these things all the time, I need them, but I've never seen a pic, and they're just about mythical. I finally picked some up today, and decided to post pictures of the final product.

I need to know how exactly to install these things. Do you put the thing so it's straddling the top of the knuckle, or some other way??

pucks1.jpg

The cat is my parents', his name is Chester.

puck2.jpg

puck3.jpg

They go at the ends of the monoleaf and the leaf goes into those slots. There are those and the "oem" looking ones that you need to glue and are $40 bucks.

No I know he did, I saw the box NAPA also sells the glue type ones in their help type section.

Davis, I didn't know they went in their like that! I'm suprised.

*sigh* New problem:

ml3.jpg

ml2.jpg

The arrow is pointing to the strut, which is like a quarter-inch from the monoleaf. The problem is the monoleaf will not clear the strut, and I have no clearance to put the damn thing in. I don't understand how exactly I'm going to do this.

ml1.jpg

On a more lighthearted note, the car is looking like Matt's (soon to be Carri's) GP, the rear end looks jacked up to hell. :lol:

jacked.jpg

aw hell just sawzall that part of the monoleaf, you don't need it :lol:

seriously, you could try disconnecting the trailing arm and moving it out of the way so you can get a little more area to get the jack in

Put a block of wood under the leaf close as you can get to the knuckle (make sure it fits between the lateral links) and get your jack right up under the block of wood and jack away. It looks like your old pad still has some girth to it, so you don't really need to jack it up that much.

Are your struts shot? Mine were when I changed out the pads, and I had to pull down on the whole knuckle assembly (due to the "no charge" situation of the struts, they weren't pressing down like they were supposed to) after I jacked up the leaf...

When you install these blocks does that mean the leaf will be so high it may interfere with the strut??? I'd like to pick up these same blocks for my lumina... but it rides low primarily cause I carry lots of tools... I would not want to overstress it and have it break.....

When you install these blocks does that mean the leaf will be so high it may interfere with the strut???
No, not at all. It brings it right up to the correct position that the leaf sits when it left the factory...

Check it:

(OT) How do you like the MXM4's??

So far so good. They grip the road decently in dry weather, and aren't too terrible in the rain, although there's room for improvement. Haven't had them out in the snow at all, so I couldn't tell ya how they do whilst sloshing through the white stuff. Next time around, I'll probably buy something more suited to "maximum summer performance" instead...

DONE1.jpg

DONE2.jpg

DONE3.jpg

What was left of the old pads and what I had to use to remove them. :bash:

I had to remove the trailing arm like Chris mentioned and I jacked up the monoleaf.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm going to go out and test and enjoy my properly leveled car.

Funny that I looked at this topic today, cause while I was under my Regal I took a look at the pads, and they're brand new under there!

Altho I'd have never thought to look if it weren't for this topic.

--Dave.

Grr.. it still sags a little when accellerating, but that may be because of the new 2 Ton floor jack I bought today. :lol: I gotta get a couple people to sit in my backseat to see if the tires still rub. :lol: :lol:

i hope that fixed it, or at very least brought it CLOSE to proper ride height.

Drove it extensively last night, and I am very pleased. It's so much more pleasing to drive, it doesn't sag much on accelleration, and braking and turning are so much better, it doesn't handle like shit anymore!!

I SO HAPPY!!>!>!M<@

We need pics of the ride height!

I'll get some today, and I'll have 'em up tonight.

Next project: rear bumper and trunk hole drilling/taillight sealing. My trunk is an absolute damp mess. I can't wait for spring.