GTP 1st generation to f-body brake

RedGTP

Hello

I made research on prone, but I did not find, if ever you find the bond, to give me.:)

I look for upgrader my brakes on my GTP 1994, and I saw that the brake 12pouces of F-body can fite on the GP 97+, they fite on the 88-96 GP too?? ,I has you it average to make fitter there its, very safly... ?

and also, I had seen the 13 inches of C5.. if ever I 13pouces puts on my GTP.. with the caliper and braket of C5, somebody it is possible, or it is really impossible....

thnak's !

I think I've got some measurements to take here in the next few days ... I think I know where there's an F-body I can look at to find out about the backing plate for the rear brakes.

--Dave.

i can get custom brackets made if someone can custom fab up a mock one, i can get em cut probably on a water jet or laser cut. just lets pursue this guys.

are we talkin' for the front breaks, or the rear

the rear breaks have that drum style parking/emergency break inside the rotor, and the fronts look fairly similar ... I'm gonna see if I can't get ahold of an F-body to copy some measurements from

--Dave.

my first project will be chekin' out the rear brakes, lookin' at the backing plate, and figuring out how it can be made to work on a W...

then I'll look at the fronts.

--Dave.

great ! :P me too I will check ... when the fuc**** snow melt .... My car is stored... but under 3-4 feet of snow ,,, BAD !! :(

next winter.. I will store in garage ...

If I upgrade at 12 or 13 inch.. I must change my master cylinder ??? or I keep then it .. ?

If I upgrade at 12 or 13 inch.. I must change my master cylinder ??? or I keep then it .. ?

That's something we'll have to check when we get to that point.

--Dave.

lol well ! :P but .. it's the same ... it's a cool upgrade !!! :P

MELTT SNOWW !! MELT ! lol it's longg .. :(

I just buy my new whell too, continue my manual swap ... daa it's long winter !!!!

The amount of fabrication for F-body brakes on a 1st gen would be no less than that of putting Corvette C5 brakes on. Not to mention the cost difference isn't that much either. Might as well go for the Corvette brakes.

but I can find F-bodys in the junkyard and have access to lots of F-body parts... that's the only reason I'll do my research with it.

--Dave.

true .. ! but ... it's not for this summer .. I have toooo much to paid this summer ... lol

swap manual, b-quiet all around, twin pipe setup, my new wheel (AE 077) 18inch, back bucket leather seat .. and more ....

The problem is that the front calipers use a completely different type of mount and the rotors don't even begin to fit the hub. I had all of the parts for a 12" brake swap and it wasn't even close to fitting. However, older F-body or Corvette brakes might be possible.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

the guy with the rwd nothstar GP has front F-body brakes.

Just do what he did, put an F-body front clip in your car :wink:

his has all front of Fbody too.. wheel brake etc ...

Summer come soon !!! I will check this ! :P

• 4 weeks later...

You could redrill the rotors for the 5x115mm pattern. I'm interested in someone making a bracket to mount the caliper. Drilling a new bolt patten wouldn't be that hard.