I need Speaker opinions....

brianhasadd

I want to replace the speakers in my Grand Prix and I'm not sure which ones to go with. The Monsoon speakers just aren't cuttin' it anymore and it's time for an upgrade. I want to go with Boston Acoustics but I've heard that they aren't as good as they used to be. I had Bostons in my Malibu and I blew one within a year. My second choice would prolly be Infinity Kappa Perfects. What do y'all think?????

The Kappa Perfects are a good choice.

I know a few people will chime in and say Elemental Design stuff as well. They are good also.

I'm assuming 6.5 components, right? I'll post a few of my choices up later.

Thanks for the links. I have a 3-1/2 speaker in the center of the dash, a 6-3/4" speaker in the front door with a seperate 1" Tweeter (each door) and 2 6"x9"'s in the rear deck. I've always been happy with the sound of Infinity speakers and I'm thinking about getting them.

Well I noticed a Monsoon amplifier in my trunk. It's mounted underneath the rear deck between the speakers. It's about the size of a PS2......I'll get a picture of it tomorrow sometime when it's daylight.

Infinity Kappa is some really good stuff. Id get it in a heart beat....BUT.... for the components, Id deff go Elemental. The are just better period. But if you wanna stay with the same throughout, Infinity is a really good choice.

I think the GM stereo is like 300w now.

I'm not sure what GM has it rated at as far as peak power but I know the sound system is rated at like 255 watts RMS

Wow, I'm pretty impressed! I'd say a nice set of components up front and anything is better than stock in the rear.

The only problem i do forsee is that the rear 6x9's are most likely DVC(or atleast thats with any other Monsoon system i've looked at in my install bay). AND iirc, one set of pos/neg wires is for the highs, the other set is for the lows. Should be fun to wire in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what I plan on doing is replacing all the speakers and powering them with an amplifier. I'm prolly just going to see what my local audio shop recommends as far as an amplifier and just go with that.

go for infinity kappa components. they have great mids and highs, but dont get them if you dont have a sub or two in the trunk, they lack a bassy punch.

If you get a component set, get either the Infinity's (since there pretty good) of eD (better than the Infinity's) But likejpfish, they do lack bass because the response is only roughly 50Hz to about 20kHz, therefore missing the low bass, hence the mids and highs of a component.

• 15 years later...
11 hours ago, jillharris said:

Good afternoon! I am wondering who can help me  write my nursing personal statement <SPAM SITE> I am dissapointed with this task. Frankly speaking, I do not have a lot of time to write this task and need help.

Spam reported.
Imho, the moron spammers even had a typo, in spam for a writing site.  lamo...  :)

• digitaloutsider locked this topic