The TSTE rebuild topic (56k get cable)

GutlessSupreme

thanks. well the tips actually worked out for me because I was only expecting to be getting the flowmasters from the craigslist ad, then I showed up to buy them and they actually had the tips that I had been thinking about buying already on them. I love those tips. I got $80 tips (iirc) that I wanted, with the 2 ~$80? Flowmasters for 50 bucks total used so I can't complain.

The guy I got them from had actually taken them off of his MINT Z34. I should have gotten a picture, it was in really good shape, and I don't even like Luminas lol. I dunno how far the Z34 bumper sticks out compared to the GPs, but either it's a lot further or the guy had really bad taste in exhaust placement. Because this is one of them after I picked them up:

DSCN0843%20(Custom).JPG

I must have cut out 4" of pipe to bring the tip closer to the muffler, otherwise it would've been sticking out that far from under my bumper.

Ordered a new slave cyl from NAPA.. from what's pictured on their site now, it looks like they're custom manufactured pieces, not rebuilt/copied stockers. The apparently have a bleed screw built in, which is a welcomed change. Hopefully should have time to work on this... next Friday? lol uuugh.

5 years in November. If I hadn't already wasted so much time and money on this car, I would've gotten rid of it long ago. No more W-bodies for me after this. Cutlass is already waiting to be torn down, but first I have to get the TSTE running and inspected so I can register it and transfer the Cutlass plates. Then I start stripping misc. crap from the Cutlass and off to junkertonfieldville it goes. I only really need a car for another 2 months anyway, going to Germany for a full year after that and will hopefully be able to get something else when I get back.

Edited by GutlessSupreme

wow, i thought i'd been working on my tgp forever. i've had mine for 3 years now. to be fair, it was in storage for almost a year and a half of that time.

sounds like you have a bad throwout bearing (tranny noise).

keep up the good work

thanks. yea I don't think it's the t/o bearing, cause that was brand new with the spec clutch kit. This is another j/y tranny so who knows what problems I'm sitting on.

Mine's taken so long because I had a major change in priorities when I realized how poorly I was doing in school, so it's kinda sat for a while. Plus I had a shit job for a long time and didn't make a whole lot. Not to mention I rebuilt have the car (but it's still rusting/leaking/not running properly, so what's the point.. ugh).

don't feeltoo bad. that's pretty much the same story with my first 90 grand prix. bought it in high school, had it for about five years.

in that time, i put in a tranny, a motor, an entire 97 cutlass interior (there's a thread here somewhere), another tranny, and finally a motor that ran for 10 miles and quit again.

i finally donated it to the fire department for them to cut up.

now i have this turbo, i'm laid off, and still trying to live off unemployment and still restore it. i may never get it done, either:laugh:

• 13 years later...