Problems with my engine.

chadz34

Chad do you have the hard plastic or the rubber boots that feed into the holes?

BTW, I spent a month and a half trying to find out what was wrong with my car. Plug wires looked good and had proper resistance. Guess what the problem was.

Yeah I have them, I have no clue how to get it off the wire!

You don't take the boots off! They come with boots! :wink:

Yep, I found that out.

If your still in highschool, I highly suggest finding a buddy that is into cars, or taking an autoshop.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• 5speedz34

• White93z34

• Prospeeder

Or your dad. You said your dad was good with cars, have him help you.

And, I'm sure your parents will be more than willing to help you with repair costs while your still in school. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Or your dad. You said your dad was good with cars, have him help you.

And, I'm sure your parents will be more than willing to help you with repair costs while your still in school. It doesn't hurt to ask.

That's true, they will help me out. My mom called the dealership and they told a scary story of some guy with a 96' Z34 Monte Carlo and his motor was shot after only 30,000 km. Kinda concerns me.

Thats usually from poor maintenance. Many repair garages, that I have encountered, actually ask me "You like that engine?" or something to that extent.

These engines can last a long while, and run strong. Proper maintenance usually helps with this though.

Like I said before, you said your dad is auto-mechanically inclined. Have him help you, and watch and learn. It's the best way.

Thats usually from poor maintenance. Many repair garages, that I have encountered, actually ask me "You like that engine?" or something to that extent.

These engines can last a long while, and run strong. Proper maintenance usually helps with this though.

Like I said before, you said your dad is auto-mechanically inclined. Have him help you, and watch and learn. It's the best way.

True, my dad will give me a hand, we have a mechanic lined up to test the injectors after we do the wires, which my parents agreed to help me pay for. I just hope it's not the engine itself. :?

i have the utmost doubts that its your engine. just bring the matniance up to date, and it ought to be golden.

i've seen so many high mileage 3.4s it isan't funny, i know Z34Nuts old z34 fell apart before the engine died at 230,000.

:werd: About maintenance. It just seems like so many 3.4 DOHC engines are written off because the timing belt snaps.

Now, I'd get frustrated because the engine is so big in the bay that it gets tough to work on. :lol: EXCEPT FOR CHANGING SPARK PLUGS! (I have to say that before the "I did mine in five minutes" guys chime in.) :lol:

:werd: About maintenance. It just seems like so many 3.4 DOHC engines are written off because the timing belt snaps.

Now, I'd get frustrated because the engine is so big in the bay that it gets tough to work on. :lol: EXCEPT FOR CHANGING SPARK PLUGS! (I have to say that before the "I did mine in five minutes" guys chime in.) :lol:

Are you posting from Daytona?

He is. That SOB. :lol:

have you changed that fuel filter yet??? it costs less then $10.

Not yet, I am going to put my dad's Camaro one on, it's brand new and he never put it on. I changed plugs and wires and I am still having my problem. I am going to take it to a shop. I am gettign real frustrated. I'll be happy when it runs good again. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll post when she's fixed and what was wrong with her. :)

have you changed that fuel filter yet??? it costs less then $10.

Not yet, I am going to put my dad's Camaro one on, it's brand new and he never put it on. I changed plugs and wires and I am still having my problem. I am going to take it to a shop. I am gettign real frustrated. I'll be happy when it runs good again. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll post when she's fixed and what was wrong with her. :)

How do you know the one for the Camaro will even fit? It's only like 3 bucks for a new filter.

:lol: Yes. For some odd reason, this semi-cruddy Days Inn has wireless internet access. So I'm posting from the hotel.

I personally am saying injectors... Had this same problem with my TGP, If I took it out of OD and put it into 3rd gear, or gassed on it, or let off the gas, it went away. I had 2 bad injectors. Replaced the injectors from a L36, problem went away COMPLETELY.

Well I think my problem was exposed INJECTOR WIRES. They were bare, like something was chewing on them! So, I taped them off, problem appears to be gone, I am getting some injector cleaner and my dad is going away for 4 days so he said that if my problem is still there, we can get all my injectors and injector wires replaced! He said because they were bare wire, heat and condensation from the temperature would cause the wires to arch. So, I'm hoping for the best. I broke my intake gasket this time with the plenum off so I need a new one, which is 66 bucks and I ordered wires form a hookup for 100 bucks. Hopefully, I got this fixed.

Well I think my problem was exposed INJECTOR WIRES. They were bare, like something was chewing on them! So, I taped them off, problem appears to be gone, I am getting some injector cleaner and my dad is going away for 4 days so he said that if my problem is still there, we can get all my injectors and injector wires replaced! He said because they were bare wire, heat and condensation from the temperature would cause the wires to arch. So, I'm hoping for the best. I broke my intake gasket this time with the plenum off so I need a new one, which is 66 bucks and I ordered wires form a hookup for 100 bucks. Hopefully, I got this fixed.

Just the upper intake gasket? I can give you the GM part number for one. They should be pretty cheap. I bet under $20.

And I just got Ac delco wires for under $20 shipped.

Never mind, it didn't fucking fix the cock sucker, I could just go kick the fuck out of that car. I am borrowing 700+ from my parents, I am gonna get 6 new injectors $151 a piece is the lowest cost I got. Probably gonna need new wiring to the injectors...... :evil:

151 a peice??? **cough cough** Dont buy from the dealer man... GM parts direct, NAPA, CarQuest, Parts Plus. You will pay about half. And they work just as well..

151 a peice??? **cough cough** Dont buy from the dealer man... GM parts direct, NAPA, CarQuest, Parts Plus. You will pay about half. And they work just as well..

Already did that and they are double the dealer cost. Piece of fucking shit.....

You must be dealing with the wrong people then... I just called my local parts store, I can get new injectors for 45 bucks a peice.... And its not Autozone or Advanced..

You must be dealing with the wrong people then... I just called my local parts store, I can get new injectors for 45 bucks a peice.... And its not Autozone or Advanced..

This is fuckign bullshit, why the fuck is it so much here? Holy fuck.

Parts plus rebuild price 50.11

Parts Plus AC DELCO 121.00

Autozone GP Sorenson 81.99

Advanced auto holley rebuild 31.99

Advanced GP Sorenson 81.88

i gave up looking at this point...

are there no junkyards near you?? i have to know of several 96' LQ1s in junkyards

edit: BTW: i thought this car was "certified"???