Welcome back!

GnatGoSplat

Welcome back to the w-body.com forums!

Unfortunately, when my old hosting provider went belly up, all the data in my account went too, so I've had to reconstruct this forum from scratch. :bawl: I hope we can get this forum back up and going better than ever!

I really like this set up a lot more than the previous set up. The older one allowed any punk off the Internet to post anything they wanted. At least now they have to register. And I can't stand all the advertising we had too. Good stuff Shawn!

Yes, I'm loving the new format too!

It seems to give the forums more "credibility" :-D

Plus, I LOVE the fact that all the posts are archived and not deleted after (300?) posts. That used to piss me off....I'd look for some useful information and all I'd see is spam.

This is WAAAAy better! :)

Thank You, Shawn :)

-MaD-

oh it is sooooo nice to have this back... i took out my dash to replace with the guages one about a month ago and have been going crazy trying to figure out the wiring without the site.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno what in the Blue Hell took me so long to join. Always happy to be among the more mature-minded enthusiasts.

==Chris

...and to reply to the comment below about some of the other boards, "Agreed".

Guest Anonymous
Always happy to be among the more mature-minded enthusiasts.==Chris

Welcome and thanks for the compliment. We get along so much better than those guys at the other place.

Be grateful Shawn. Most times I'm reading posts on the level of how difficult it is to keep an alternator going more than one week, what with the 1000w amplifiers, under-carriage neon, 100w fog lights everyone seems to keen on using - (and still finding it difficult to 'limit' this sort of stuff so they don't have to 'waste' their precious dollars 'repairing' their Lumina). It's not as bad as I describe, but we're talking about a select-majority of a strange bunch of kids in there. Ugh!

tis the same at many forums CPS.

especially car audio forums. my big hobby.

they want all the goodies and it too look cool, but they are not willing to invest in or take time in the basics.

they want to get LOUD

they want neon to look trick

they want fog lights that they will never actually use in fog. or that are tru fog lights.

they want the wheels and tires

they want to drop it

they want it to go fast and get there quickly.

and then they want to beat their friends that has car audio system XXX....

but they fail to realize that if the car does not run none of this matters at all as noone will be stoppig by their house to see the car that sits cuz it does not run.

or the car that keeps toasting alternators cuz they want too much from the little one that is in there.

it happens at alot of forums.

this is why i have bailed on more than i am a member of.

don't get me wrong i love the music as you can tell by my username.

i love loud music, but i also realize that noone want to hear you driving around listening to it. if they want music they will turn their own on.

and that it takes alt power to have a big system. and to run the car and all the other goodies.

and no matter what i want for eye candy if the car does not run it does me no good.

therefore i have to prioritize all the things i do. as with many i am sure we all have long lists of things we want to do to our cars. but you just cannot run out back to the money tree and harvest what you need.

sometimes planning is needed.

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer this forum too. Thanks Shawn. I am registered under other forums but this one suits me more. I don't want to totally trick out my ride or turn it into some sort of pro-street machine. Just some visual mods/minor performance upgrades and upgraded jam sys. Nothing wrong w/ those who do want to Frankenstine their rides but I'm to old for that. i like my car just about the way it is. Except for ......Wheres that money tree anyways?

I need a host for my picts. I just havn't taken the time to post them but I prob. should. Its basically a stock GTP w/ aftrmarket wheels (American racing) and an upgraded jam system so far. Bought from orig. owner w/ 48,000 miles.

will look forward to them.

fancy is nice but sometimes the simple works well too. i am after a simple sleeper look myself.

plan on aftermarket or factory wheels. but no chrome for me. looking for brushed or polished alum.

working on the debadging too.

Monty