Car won't start after it warms up

Dark Ride

I Did A Compression Test today, and I have 150 - 180 in all cylinders so at least I know I don't have a dead cylinder. I'll double check the fuel pressure at the valve tommorow. My Intake Manifold is off, and my engine is rotated forward because I'm doing the Vacuum brake Conversion (See Other Post) so I haven't been able to check anything else. As for the starter theory, I guess it kinda makes sense that once it warms up, that if it was junk it wouldn't crank fast enough to start the motor but I'm not going to replace it unless I run out of all other options. Ordering new plug wires for it to put in when I put it back together so we'll have to see, I'll check for spark then, just to be certain.

Mitch

You are running Accel spark plugs I see. That is a mistake in itself with these cars, many have run and many have failed, recommend using AC Delco #R42LTS instead, gapped .040". Do you have spark? This could be a lot of things so let us know if you have fuel and what pressure primed and turning over.

The Accel Spark Plugs are only in My Grand Prix LE not the TGP, I just put brand new spark plugs in the TGP, when I was working on it, New Wires should be here soon. I'll be working on it again this weekend (I Have No Life) and hopefully get the new brakes in it. Then I'll be able to put it back together and figure out the problem.

Mitch

Edit: There is definetly pressure at the Fuel Rail

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the long time since my last post, haven't had a chance to work on it lately.

Work+College+Girlfriend = not much time

Got a set of injectors for cheap off ebay, with the new windings, so I'm going to put those in when it warms up. I'm also have a used coil pack that I know works that I'm going to put on as well. I also found out my fuel tank leaks :shock: . This car sat for 5-7 Years prior to me owning it so could the fuel pump have just went to hell? Either way I'm going to put in a different tank and pump, so after all thats done we'll seen if it still doesn't run right.

Dark Ride wrote:

Edit: There is definetly pressure at the Fuel Rail

did you actually put a guage on it, or just the basic fuel comes out of the valve test?

I didn't put a gauge on it but I did get blasted with fuel when I hit the valve at the fuel rail. :lol:

Thanks,

Mitch