going to the salvage yard....anyone need anything?

Guest TurboSedan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• MaD

• Brian P

• SuperBuick

Guest Anonymous

If there not all spoken for I would like the rear brakes also. I don't need the ebrake. Everything else I want. How much do you thiunk shipping will be? If it's too much I'll wait on something closer to me.

I assume you might be able to go this junkyard again another day? The reason I am asking is because I may need some 5 speed parts but I don't know which ones I need just yet. not the whole tranny though....I'll sapre you that.

malibuolds,

Thanks for the offer. I'm starting to think though the shipping charge will dwarf whatever fair (very fair) price you want for the parts. I only noticed now you were in Wyoming. I'm in ontario, canada. :)

malibuolds - the SWC's I'd need will need to come from a 94-96 w/airbag (in graphite). Might be the same as the ones on Olds 88's or 98's? Not sure on that.

SuperBuick - I just don't believe in Macs, and I don't believe Mac users are "technical"! Most have never picked up a soldering iron, or worse, even opened up their machine. Swapping out a hard drive, RAM, or CPU chip is something best left to the "technicians" for most Mac users (like my sister :lol:) Just like I believe cool cars are built, not bought, I believe decent computers are built, not bought. I would never buy a Mac, Dell, IBM, Gateway, or any of that pre-built crap. I'm no fan of Microsoft, but WinXP is incredibly stable. I run it at home and at work. I've NEVER had an XP machine crash. Win98, sure. ME, all the damn time. But XP - never. I use Macs occasionally in my work as a web programmer at the university, but never seen any compelling reason to own one. I like standards, where I could swap out my mobo and CPU for $150 to go from Celeron to Pentium 4. I don't like the proprietary nature of Macs, where when the next best thing comes out, you need an entire new machine to run the latest apps. I had upgraded my old circa 1984 IBM PC/XT to a Pentium 233MMX before I got tired of that box, and I could have upgraded it to a Pentium III if I had wanted to. That's also the main reason I don't like laptops (any of them, Mac or PC). I'll never pay more than $300 for a laptop even though I certainly could afford to. Real hardware hackers use PC's!

YOU SHUTUP YOU!!!!

lololol, ever hear that mp3 skit thing with the indian guy "you kicked my dog"

shawn, to each his own. I believe real cars are built not bought, but cars are my thing, and I like my PC to just work. But I DO know how to work on my computer, and I have built many a winbox (like my old dual 10k rpm scsi machine with all the bells and whistles), but I always felt that Macs offered better performance than I could build in my PC, even with top end parts. anywho, we both love W-Bodies don't we, lets identify on that level. whats your favorite W-Body!!!

-Tom

Heheh, I think I already own all my favorite W-bodies. :wink:

Well, I wouldn't mind a 94 Buick Regal GS coupe with an 88-91 digital gauges cluster or a 97+ GTP (2 or 4dr, doesn't matter, they both have the same shape), but with 5-vehicles in the drive already, it's getting pretty ridiculous. :?

Shit, I really need to get Internet at home so I can keep up on all of this, haha

Yea, just get me everything but the e-Brake cables.. over on EFI a few of them have found a way to use the existing ebrake cables with the 94+ calipers.. So just everything but the ebrake cable..

They have any 91-93 3.4 DOHC ECM's there still? See how much that would be too.

Thanks!

Malibuolds, I'd like to get everything but the eBrake cables.

Mine is broken right now anyways so I don't even use it.

Also, how much would it be for all the little things for the 5-speed conversion. I'd just like to get everything besides the tranny or other big things, if I could. Like the pedals and all the miscellaneous stuff, you know :oops:

Hehe, I think I'm making no sense...

-MaD-