• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• TGPilot

• Garrett Powered

• Gearhead43

You need to get some mechanix gloves and spray the turbo bolts with PB Brakes Loose penetrating oil. the bolts have to be backed out by hand and it makes your fingertips go numb. 13 mil. socket and end wrench to break them.

You need to get some mechanix gloves and spray the turbo bolts with PB Brakes Loose penetrating oil. the bolts have to be backed out by hand and it makes your fingertips go numb. 13 mil. socket and end wrench to break them.

huh? why? am i taking out my turbo now? :lol:

any why wouldnt i be able to just use the ratchet to back it out? just curious

Let the car idle without the trans line connected. See if it will smoke. Then go for a spin. If it does it again..its the oil return line.

DID YOU CHECK THE OXYGEN SENSOR FOR OIL RESIDUE?

theres alot of oil in my TB showing up

Check the IC pipes and look at the compressor outlet on the turbocharger for signs of oil leakage. A bad cold side(compressor) turbo oil seal can cause the issue you've described in your post. I had a bad seal on one of my Volvo's when I first got it, it smoked pretty badly(blue smoke) as it was burning a lot of oil.

the only oil is in the TB, no futher down the line, its just starts too pol up like crazy around the connectiong between the TB anc IC pipe and gets it all saturated in oil. Ill check the o2 today. Oil return line, causes smoke out the back then, how can i check for that?

Oil return line, causes smoke out the back then, how can i check for that?

Wait wait wait....you have not done the oil return line? How long have you owned a TGP and given advice to others about repairs? 8)

well, the motors not burning anything, the o2 and the plugs look great, must be those damn return lines, i got some info on them, a hydrolic line, i got all the specs on that, under 10$ so its not too big a deal then

Here's a quick picture of the oil return line.

oilreturn.jpg

It's not the greatest picture, but the hose is roughly an inch in diameter, usually covered in oil, and comes out from the underside of the turbo, and goes to a steel tube connected to the oil pan. It's easy to take off and replace.

"hydraulic hoses and tell them that you need a 5/8 inch by 12 inch ID oil return hose for a turbo"

Is that the correct measurment? thats whats been posted all over the TGP forum. now what kind of clamps are these? Like screw off, the ones u use pliers to pinch to take off?

Thanks for the Pic!! :D

Not sure how it it secured stock...but make sure it is a 5/8" I.D. (Inside Diameter) hose. A couple of worm gear clamps will hold it in place just fine...no pressure in the return line. 8)

Guest TurboSedan

where are you guys buying your oil drain hoses anyway? i couldn't find any place here in town that would sell anything that would work. i was thinking i'd probably just order a hose from turbosunleashed.com instead, but i haven't looked around too much yet.

should be hydrolic hose u can find at diesel shops iv herd

My Lines inside liner was peeling off making like bubbles like a head liner would when it starts to fall, bad i take it, lol, that was SO easy to take off, lol

Guest TurboSedan

yeah, that hose is very easy to replace. i'm not sure exactly what hydraulic hose is made of, but i'm pretty set on using silcone hose like the factory used.

yeah, that hose is very easy to replace. i'm not sure exactly what hydraulic hose is made of, but i'm pretty set on using silcone hose like the factory used.

http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp/

Search for turbo drain line, youll get alot of responses using hydrolic line, and the stock one is called a hydrolic line i belive

Guest TurboSedan

i don't think the silicone hose is hydraulic hose, because i doubt it could stand up to that type of pressure.

the smoking is due to oil not being able to drain freely, causing the oil to back up get pushed out of the seal in the turbo. or at least that's how i understand it.